- Permanent part time
- Join & support our professional allied health team
- Grow your career across Ramsay’s national network
A wonderful opportunity exists for a compassionate and professional Psychologist to join our Allied Health team at Caloundra Private Clinic.
This is a permanent part time opportunity to work a minimum of 60 hours per fortnight.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced psychologist who has comprehensive clinical experience in mental health, with skills in the assessment and treatment of anxiety- and mood-related disorders, and drug and alcohol use disorders. The position within our Allied Health Team is offered on a permanent part-time basis four days a week, with a potential to work five days a week when required.
To be successful in this role, you will be a compassionate professional with the ability to prioritise and organise your working day effectively. Demonstrating good professional reasoning and sound judgment in decision making, you will have the ability to consider implications and long-term patient impact, while striving to deliver quality patient care and exceed our customer expectations.
To be successful, you will also meet the following criteria:
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Psychology degree or equivalent, with specialised and recognised training in mental health and group therapy experience in an inpatient environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation including the Mental Health Act
- Experience in the development and delivery of mental health groups
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including demonstrated experience in liaising with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Commitment to ensuring quality services are delivered to patients with a focus on positive clinical outcomes
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of the need for continuation of personal and professional development
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Candidates with training and experience utilising DBT will be highly regarded.
- A variety of shifts that will offer the flexibility to choose those that best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Opportunities to develop yourself within the role
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected operator of private hospitals, Caloundra Private Clinic is located at the southern end of the Sunshine Coast in peaceful surroundings only minutes from the beach.
Caloundra Private Clinic is a modern healthcare facility providing a broad range of inpatient and day patient services. The Hospital is currently planning for expansion in its Mental Health services.
Our staff enjoy many benefits including:
- Subsidised professional development
- Portability of entitlements within the Ramsay Health Care group of hospitals
- Excellent promotional opportunities
- Corporate Health Fund discounts
- Employee discounts
On offer is a full time equivalent base salary ranging from $70,162.00 to $91,070.00 + superannuation and is based on experience level.
Please note that the above range is full time equivalent, is exclusive of any loadings or penalties and will vary depending on the hours you are contracted to.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and Cover Letter addressing the criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (6 months or less) National Police check and a current Working with Children check prior to appointment. Persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries, please contact;
Jenny Melrose, Allied Health Manager
Close Date: Thursday, 23 July 2020 at 11.55 pm.