We’re looking for an enthusiastic, Health Information Manager or Clinical Coder with recent auditing experience to join our dedicated Clinical Coding Team on a permanent full-time basis.
About the Role
As the Clinical Coding Auditor, you will be responsible for managing all internal and external (third party/health fund) auditing activities, as well as associated quality improvement initiatives.
The primary responsibilities for this role include:
- Develop, implement and coordinate an internal clinical coding audit program
- Develop presentations and conduct feedback sessions to the clinical coding and clinical documentation improvement teams based on internal and external audit results
- Act as the principal point of contact for all Health Information Services-related billing queries, ensuring an efficient and accurate flow of information between Greenslopes Private Hospital and key internal/external revenue cycle stakeholders
- Track and report on audit activity, identifying trends/areas of risk and recommending appropriate solutions
Reporting to the Manager Health Information Services, this is an exciting opportunity to join the GPH senior coding team, working closely with our Clinical Coding Supervisor, Clinical Coding Educator, experienced Clinical Documentation Specialists and Group Revenue Management Team to support key department functions.
To be successful in this role you will be an experienced clinical coder with highly developed interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities. You will be a self-motivated with excellent organisation and prioritisation skills. Knowledge and experience of private hospital billing is desirable but not essential.
You will also demonstrate;
- Minimum 4 years clinical coding experience in a tertiary hospital utilising ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS 9th 10th and 11th Editions
- Sound knowledge of AR-DRGs and casemix funding
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Be part of a dynamic, growing team!
- Join an extensive national network of HIM/CC professionals
- Expand your knowledge of ICD/ACHI/AR-DRG classifications and private hospital funding
- Excellent advancement opportunities
- Free onsite staff car parking
About the Organisation
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
Greenslopes Private Hospital is Australia’s leading private teaching hospital, owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, and located just 5km from Brisbane’s CBD. As a world-class tertiary medical facility, we have some of Queensland’s finest specialists working with us to offer the latest treatments and first-class service to our patients. The hospital employs 2,500 staff, contains 32 specialty units, and has 18 operating theatres.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Megan Hayes, Manager Health Information Services on 07 3394 7246.
Close Date: Sunday, 26 July 2020