Registered Nurse - Medical Ward
Job no: 502975
Work type: Full time
Location: John Flynn Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
We are seeking a Registered Nurse to join our Medical Ward at John Flynn Hospital, Tugun. This is a Permanent Full-Time opportunity.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Registered Nurse to join our supportive team to continue to provide our patients with specialised and dedicated care. As a Registered Nurse you will perform duties with the support and guidance of the Nurse Unit Manager, Clinical Nurse and Shift Leaders to ensure a high level of quality patient care is delivered within the ward. You will be responsible for will assessing, planning, coordinating and evaluating the care delivery needs of each patient’s individual needs.
Our team prides itself on exceeding Ramsay’s high standard of care with a professional and positive attitude by creating a friendly, caring and comfortable environment for its patients.
To be successful in this role you will be a positive and effective team player who brings excellent clinical and interpersonal skills. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to manage your time effectively to meet your responsibilities.
You will also demonstrate;
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Minimum of 2 years post graduate experience with experience in a hospital setting Medical Ward
- Demonstrated experience with IVC insertion, taking blood, catheter insertion , CVAD competency, acute medical/surgical nursing skill (drain management, PCA infusions) - critical ill patients and deteriorating patient management.
- Medical background having dealt with stroke patients and general medicine as well as acute care dealing with critically ill patients and deteriorating patients.
- Ability to assess, plan, coordinate and evaluate care delivery needs of patients
- Demonstrates excellent time management and organisational skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
On offer is a full-time equivalent, base annual salary ranging from;
- $70,697 - $90,715 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (QLD RN/Midwife gr2-gr8)
About the Organisation
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
John Flynn Private Hospital is a 334 bed, acute care hospital located at Tugun, which is on the southern end of the Gold Coast, within 5 minutes from the Gold Coast Airport. The hospital provides services to the population of the Gold Coast and the Tweed Coast extending into the NSW Northern Rivers area.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts including private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
John Flynn Private Hospital offers free parking, a wide range of in hospital services and regular subsidised social activities.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Karina Lefel-Hogan, Nurse Unit Manager on 07 5598 9066.
Close date: 11th August 2020
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend