- Casual opportunity
- Work for a well-respected global health care industry
- Access employee benefits & discounts
An exciting opportunity exists for a motivated team player to join our Allied Health team as an Allied Health Assistant at Peel Health Campus.
About the Role
At Peel Health Campus, we offer a full range of Allied Health services, including, dietetics, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, social work and speech pathology.
As an Allied Health Assistant, you will be responsible for facilitating the effective and efficient operation of the Allied Health department through both clinical and non-clinical duties. This will include assisting Allied Health practitioners in the treatment of patients which reflects the patient’s needs.
Your role will involve, but is not limited to;
- Applying and maintaining working knowledge of Allied Health policies and procedures relevant to the area of work;
- Undertaking non-treatment activities as required such as: escorting patients, receiving clients, preparing clients for therapy, preparing equipment required for treatment, set up and dismantling of group therapy areas/equipment; and
- Under the specific instruction of an Allied Health practitioner, supervise the practice of established exercise programs, including walking, upper limb and hand exercises, and speech tasks
To be successful in this role, you will bring a client-first attitude with a desire to assist our patients in obtaining the best possible outcomes for their health. The ability to communicate effectively and work efficiently as a part of a professional and multidisciplinary team is key to this role.
The successful candidate will also meet the following criteria:
- Willingness to work under the supervision of an Allied Health practitioner
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to effectively manage workload demands and priorities
- Positive and friendly, customer-focused attitude
Candidates who meet the following will be highly regarded:
- Completed, or are working towards, a Certificate III or IV in Allied Health Assistance
- Currently completing an undergraduate allied health university degree
Why Peel Health Campus?
Located only 3km from bustling Mandurah city and 6 km from the beach, Peel Health Campus is your ideal workplace with a close-knit team across the hospital and friendly management. Peel Health Campus is a 128-inpatient bed, acute care hospital and provides high quality public and private healthcare to the residents of the Mandurah and Peel regions. PHC has established an excellent reputation in the community for our commitment to high quality patient care, delivered by our caring team.
Peel Health Campus also offers;
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and a cover letter addressing the criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and Working with Children Check prior to appointment. Persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries, please contact:
Sue McCarthy, Nurse Director Clinical Services
Close Date: Sunday,9 August 2020 at 11.55 pm.