- Permanent part time & casual opportunities
- Contribute to our passionate team and be a part of the “Hollywood Spirit”
- Work for the largest theatre complex in Western Australia
Hollywood Private Hospital is seeking positive and passionate Anaesthetic Technicians to join our Theatre team.
There is a permanent part time (working 60 hours per fortnight) and casual opportunities available.
About the Role
Hollywood Private Hospital’s is equipped with 20 modern theatres, making it the largest theatre complex in Western Australia and one of the largest in the country. With our modern and advanced technology, we are able to provide more effective and efficient surgeries to our patients.
As an Anaesthetic Technician, you will join a multidisciplinary clinical team and be responsible for preparing the theatre environment for the appropriate procedure, while liaising with, and closely supporting, the anaesthetist in the provision of all aspects of anaesthetic care. This involves, but is not limited to;
- Monitoring the condition of patients during procedures and reporting changes to the relevant manager and the Anaesthetist / Surgeon / Physician; and
- Maintaining equipment to ensure a safe induction, maintenance, and emergence for anaesthetic.
This role requires applicants to be available to work across a seven (7) day rotating roster and be available to work on-call when needed.
To be considered in this role, you will have experience working as an Anaesthetic Technician and hold a passion for delivering quality patient care. Your exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, excellent time management and ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment will also assist you in this role.
To be considered in this role, you will also meet the following criteria:
- Diploma of Anaesthetic Technology, Certificate of Anaesthetic Technician OR equivalent
- Recent relevant experience and understanding of issues associated with acute care / perioperative settings
- Basic understanding of infection control principles
- Basic computer skills
Why Hollywood Private Hospital?
Hollywood Private Hospital is a modern, acute care hospital in Nedlands and enjoys a strong reputation for excellence in patient care. With over 700 licensed beds, Hollywood Private Hospital provides medical, surgical and mental health services for over 70,000 West Australian each year. The hospital employs over 2,000 people and has more than 700 accredited specialists working across a wide range of disciplines including cardiology, gastroenterology, general medicine, general surgery, neurosurgery, oncology, orthopaedics, palliative care, psychiatry, rehabilitation and urology.
Ramsay Health Care also offers;
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
For more information on the hospital, please visit www.hollywoodprivatehospital.com.au
Base salary for full time equivalent Anaesthetic Technician ranges from $73,094 to $80,800 + Superannuation per annum, depending on experience level.
Please note the rates above are full time equivalent, do not include any applicable loadings or allowances and will change depending on the number of hours you are contracted to.
How to apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include a CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and Working with Children Check prior to appointment. Persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries, please contact:
Suzanne Thompson, Clinical Nurse Manager
Ph: (08) 9346 6427
Close Date: Monday, 5 October 2020 at 11.55 pm.