Multiple opportunities across our Surgical Services (Theatre Complex) for Registered and Endorsed Enrolled Nurses!
- Casual opportunities
- Roles available in Day of Surgery Admissions, Theatre, Anaesthetics and Recovery
- Work for a well-respected global health care industry & immerse yourself in the “Ramsay Way” culture
We are seeking motivated and enthusiastic team players to join our Perioperative team at Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital.
About the Roles
Comprised of six state-of-the-art operating theatres, you will work across a broad range of specialities including orthopaedics, neuro/spinal surgery, urology and cardiothoracic and general surgery.
We are seeking experienced nurses to join and support our dedicated team to ensure a high level of nursing care is delivered and maintained at all times. This will involve, but is not limited to:
- Assessing, planning, coordinating, evaluating and reacting to care delivery needs of patients;
- Treating all customers with respect and equality whilst meeting all aspects of their care in a timely and professional manner; and
- Undertaking tasks as directed by the Nurse Unit Manager.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in theatre nursing within the hospital setting, be passionate about utilising evidence-based practice within our perioperative department and thrive when working within a varied and fast-paced environment. Your ability to plan, prioritise and coordinate patient care, along with your ability to manage rapidly changing situations that affect patient care and workload is essential to this role.
The successful candidates will also meet the following criteria:
- Relevant registration with AHPRA (Registered Nurse, Endorsed Enrolled Nurse)
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience working in a perioperative department, day of surgery admissions, recovery or anaesthetics
- Recent relevant experience and understanding of issues associated with acute care / perioperative settings
- Understanding of scope of practice in line with relevant registration
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service
Candidates with specialty skills in neuro/spinal surgery, urology/laser or cardiothoracic surgery or a post registration qualification in the relevant area of speciality will be highly regarded.
Remuneration will be in accordance with the Nursing EBA.
Why Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital?
Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital opened on 4 November 2013, offering a comprehensive range of inpatient and day services across a wide range of specialties.
Facilities include 6 state-of-the-art operating theatres, two cardiac catheter laboratories, a minor procedure room, a day surgery unit, an 8-bed intensive care unit, a coronary care unit and a day infusion unit and renal unit. Medical consulting suites are located onsite together with comprehensive pathology and radiology services. Other onsite facilities include a retail pharmacy and coffee shop.
We are committed to becoming an employer-of-choice through:
- National staff development programs
- Employee benefit programs
- Family friendly workplaces
- Flexible salary packaging to suit your individual needs
The Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital offers a great opportunity for a career and lifestyle change in a significant area of growth.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application. All applications should include a CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria above.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
Close Date: Sunday, 27 September 2020 at 11.55 pm.