Clinical Nurse Educator
Job no: 505562
Work type: Full time, Part time
Location: Westmead Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
Westmead Private Hospital is seeking a proactive, flexible and positive Clinical Nurse Educator to join our Education team (Operating Theatres). This can be either a permanent full-time or part -time opportunity (hours negotiable).
As our Clinical Nurse Educator (Operating Theatres), You will be required to develop, implement, deliver and evaluate our training and education programs in line with organisational and departmental strategic planning strategies. Your will also be expected to achieve results through facilitating regular orientations, in servicing and clinical competence programs.
This is hands on role requiring an exceptional candidate that can not only deliver formal training but also lead, coach, and inspire others through practical on the job training working alongside our team of clinical employees.
We are seeking a candidate with a strong background in clinical education. This opportunity will require exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence at all levels.
Your positive attitude, ability to prioritise, delegate and adapt, along with your excellent time management skills are all of critical importance for this role.
You will also bring:
- Relevant registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia
- Recent experience in a clinical education role
- Prior demonstrated experience in coaching, mentoring and developing others
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Demonstrated experience working towards and achieving team KPI’s
- Commitment and positive attitude towards education and professional development
- Proven presentation and teaching skills in individual, small and large group settings
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment or working towards
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Westmead Private Hospital is accredited as a Centre of Excellence in Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, a recognition only given to two other hospitals across Australia. This accreditation signifies our ability to consistently deliver the safest, highest-quality care to our patients.
The 192 bed private hospital is co-located with Westmead Hospital and Westmead Children’s Hospital and is a teaching hospital of the Western Clinical School of the University of Sydney.
Our highly respected surgeons work with our team of skilled nurses and allied health professionals to provide the highest standard of personalised care to all our patients. The team work together to ensure our patient’s needs are met prior to admission, whilst in hospital and following discharge.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and a Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and a Working with Children Check prior to appointment. Persons in patient contact roles will also be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Sydney Frank on FrankS@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 10th October 2020 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend