Clinical Nurse Specialist
Job no: 505563
Work type: Full time
Location: Westmead Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
Westmead Private Hospital is seeking a Clinical Nurse Specialist to join our Perioperative Services Team in this Permanent Full time opportunity
- Want to work with a motivated and friendly team?
- Work in a state of the art perioperative suite
- Grow your career across our national network
About the Role
As the Clinical Nurse Specialist, you will have the opportunity to work in an active leadership role, including the development and provision of evidence-based clinical nursing, while working and collaborating with a multidisciplinary team. The opportunity also allows you to act as a clinical expert, professional role model and change agent to promote practice development and quality initiatives that promote the delivery of safe, efficient and high-quality customer service.
You will have exceptional customer service, strong communication and interpersonal skills and also meet the following criteria:
- Relevant registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Minimum 5 years’ nursing experience
- Experience in Neuro/Spine
- Understanding of scope of practice in line with relevant registration
- Present sound clinical knowledge of perioperative practices and procedures
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Ability to ensure excellence in customer service
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to assess, plan, co-ordinate and evaluate care delivery needs of patients
- Knowledge of legislative requirements in relation to nursing practice
- Knowledge of Quality/Continuous Improvement processes
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment or working towards
- Experience as a resource and mentor to others in the relation to clinical practice
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Westmead Private Hospital is accredited as a Centre of Excellence in Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, a recognition only given to two other hospitals across Australia. This accreditation signifies our ability to consistently deliver the safest, highest-quality care to our patients.
The 192 bed private hospital is co-located with Westmead Hospital and Westmead Children’s Hospital and is a teaching hospital of the Western Clinical School of the University of Sydney.
Our highly respected surgeons work with our team of skilled nurses and allied health professionals to provide the highest standard of personalised care to all our patients. The team work together to ensure our patient’s needs are met prior to admission, whilst in hospital and following discharge.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and a Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and a Working with Children Check prior to appointment. Persons in patient contact roles will also be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Sydney Frank on FrankS@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 10th October 2020 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend