Job no: 505865
Work type: Full time
Location: Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital
- Permanent full time (76 hours per fortnight)
- Great opportunity for an entry-level accountant
- Work for one of the largest and most diverse private healthcare companies in the world
An exciting opportunity exists for an Assistant Accountant to join our Finance team across our Sunshine Coast Network of hospitals, which includes Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital, Nambour Selangor Private Hospital and Noosa Private Hospital.
The successful candidate will be involved in the preparation and reporting of financial accounts, account reconciliations and cash flow management across our Sunshine Coast Ramsay facilities.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Assisting the Finance Manager with monthly, year-end and half year financial reporting process;
- Use of analysis and reporting to maintain the integrity of data in the General Ledger to ensure that the Hospital’s financial & operational objectives are met;
- Balance sheet reconciliations, processing accruals and prepayments, and preparation of journals and GL reviews;
- Demonstrating knowledge in relation to Chart of Accounts and coding procedures; and
- Providing cost centre reports to managers on a regular basis as required.
To succeed in this role, we are looking for a motivated and positive individual who is enthusiastic and ready for continued learning and development. You will possess a “can do” attitude and be willing to learn all facets of the hospital and finance functions (from AP, AR, Fixed Assets, General Ledger Maintenance, etc.).
Successful candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated understanding of accounting issues and duties
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills
- Ability to assist in interpreting financial information & identifying areas of concern
- Ability to set standards, targets and objectives, and then coordinate work
- plans to ensure success in meeting same
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft products, and advanced skills in Excel
Applicants who meet the following criteria will be highly regarded:
- Qualifications in Accounting
- Experience with SAP system software
- Previous experience in the health care sector
Why Ramsay Health Care?
Ramsay Health Care is Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator with over 73 facilities in Australia and a presence in eleven countries worldwide. In the Sunshine Coast Region, we have a small cluster of hospitals including Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital, Nambour Selangor Private Hospital and Noosa Private Hospital. For full details: www.ramsayhealth.com
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries, please contact:
Paula Whittaker, Director of Financial Services
Close Date: Monday, 21 September 2020
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend