Permanent Part-time (hours negotiable) up to Fulltime
Donvale Rehabilitation Hospital is seeking a skilled psychologist to join our multidisciplinary team in providing high quality, evidence-based rehabilitation programs to 90 inpatients and a large, expanding outpatient service.
Donvale Rehabilitation Hospital is known for its innovative rehabilitation programs and this is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic psychologist to be part of these exciting developments. This role is varied and would suit a psychologist with an interest in the psychological contributors and consequences of health conditions, adjustment to changed life circumstances and existential concerns. This role also provides autonomy and flexibility, while ensuring that the clinician is supported by an established Allied Health team and an experienced Senior Psychologist.
This role will suit a psychologist looking for a part-time role, with flexibility to balance clinical work and family commitments. As Ramsay Health is committed to their employees, there are also many opportunities for learning and development in this role.
- Assessment of patients presenting with primary or secondary mental health issues, in a physical rehabilitation setting.
- Provision of evidence-based individual and group therapy interventions for a broad range of general medical and mental health conditions, as well as adjustment to life changes.
- Consultation and collaboration with an established multidisciplinary team, to ensure that patient’s receive integrated rehabilitation programs.
- Contribute to the development of innovative rehabilitation programs across Donvale Rehabilitation Hospital.
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Postgraduate qualification in Health or Clinical Psychology or significant postgraduate experience in Health or Clinical Psychology
- Knowledge & experience in healthcare setting
- Demonstrated commitment to evidence-based practice and continuing professional development
- AHPRA endorsement in Clinical or Health Psychology
- Considerable relevant post grad experience
- Experience in a multidisciplinary team
- Experience with chronic pain and multi trauma patients
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Donvale Rehabilitation Hospital is one of Melbourne’s most reputable rehabilitation facilities. Located in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs, Donvale offers a comprehensive range of inpatient, outpatient and day patient services and has developed quality programs for the rehabilitation of a range of health conditions including: chronic pain, oncology recovery, orthopaedic surgery, cardiac, pulmonary and neurological disorders
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and Working with Children clearance prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you would like to be part of a supportive and progressive multidisciplinary team, please direct enquiries and forward your application to:
Director of Allied Health
This organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children in line with our Child Safety Commitment Statement.