Job no: 508388
Work type: Full time
Location: Strathfield Private Hospital
We are seeking a highly motivated team player with sound Stores/Logistics experience to manage the day to day running of the Hospital Supply Department at Strathfield Private Hospital in this Permanent Full-Time position.
About the Role
The Supply Manager will coordinate and control the purchasing of goods, services and equipment in accordance with established policies and procedures, to achieve the hospital’s requirement at the best value consistent with appropriate quality and service standards. You will also direct and coordinate the efficient receiving, storage and issuing of general and medical supplies and equipment, while maintaining all administrative and clerical requirements of the role.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic and self-motivated individual with the ability to lead and direct a team as well as display excellent communication and interpersonal skills to engage with a range of stakeholders at all levels.
- Detailed working knowledge and understanding of the supply chain and processes
- Demonstrated experience with inventory management
- Experience using SAP or similar materials management system
- Ability to work without supervision and to lead a small team of staff
- Good customer service practices along with effective communication skills
- Proactive with identification and rectification of problems
- Advanced computer skills with a working knowledge of MS Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge and respect of workplace health & safety issues, particularly manual handling
- Exposure to quality practices along with a willingness to identify and implement changes
- Experience within the medical environment (desirable)
- A progressive acute hospital with friendly staff
- Access to in-house general and specialty education programs supported by on site educators
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and
About the Organisation
Strathfield Private Hospital is an acute private hospital located in Strathfield in Sydney’s inner west. A comprehensive range of world-class healthcare services are delivered in our 84 bed facility ranging from day surgery procedures to highly complex cardiothoracic surgery. We are a key local employer and are proud of our commitment to Strathfield, its surrounding areas and our loyal and friendly team of over 340 staff.
Strathfield Private Hospital is located close to major roads and Strathfield Station is at the end of the street.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Ayaaz Thaliph on ThaliphA@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close date: 4th December 2020 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend