We are seeking an experienced Senior Clinical Coder to join our critical Health Information Services team at Pindara Private Hospital on the Gold Coast.
We have a Permanent Full-time role currently available offering 76 hours per fortnight.
About the Role
In this critical role you will support the Manager of Health Information Services to ensure data is collected, collated and managed in line with hospital and relevant legislative requirements. You will be required to provide accurate and timely coding of diagnosis and procedures using current coding standards.
You will be processing confidential data, which is used for billing, morbidity collections, research, statistical analysis, management information systems, quality activities and case mix management including Diagnosis Related Groups (DRG) allocation.
We pride ourselves on a strong culture of continuous improvement, and in this role it will be important for you to support and participate in improvement programs relating to staff development, accreditation, compliance and department processes.
To be successful in this role, you will have private hospital experience and you will be able to work effectively both within a team environment and independently as required. Your ability to maintain positive relationships and strong communication networks with all stakeholders and departments, ensuring all quality outcomes are achieved, is crucial for this role.
You will also bring:
- Clinical Coding qualifications from Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA) or equivalent, or Bachelor of Applied Science (Health Information Management)
- Minimum 4 years of coding experience in advanced surgical hospital
- Sound and updated knowledge of ICD-10-AM 11th edition and Australian Coding Standards
- Sound and updated knowledge of Medical Science and Medical Terminology
- Ability and willing to take on continuing study
- Knowledge and understanding of DRG and Casemix
- Knowledge and understanding of current Privacy legislation
- Ability to liaise with clinicians and hospital staff about coding and documentation requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills
- Proven commitment to team work
- Previous work experience using 3M Codefinder
- Previous work experience using MEDITECH
This role requires an individual who works well independently whilst having a strong focus on achieving team goals.
About the Organisation
Pindara Private Hospital is a modern 348 licensed acute care Hospital with extensive on site facilities including a 24 hour Emergency Department, 22 Operating Theatres including our Day Surgery and Endoscopy Unit, Intensive Care, Coronary Care, Oncology, Maternity, Paediatric units and Renal Dialysis. Pindara also has a state-of-the-art Cardiac Catheter Laboratory / Hybrid Theatre, comprehensive Pathology and X-Ray including Ultrasound, CT scan, MRI and Nuclear Medicine imaging and a number of on-site consulting suites.
Pindara Private Hospital has established an excellent reputation in the community for its commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply Link below within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please email Megan Peisley on PeisleyM@ramsayhealth.com.au.