Job no: 510158
Work type: Casual
Location: Joondalup Health Campus
Categories: Clinical Support - Technician/Orderley
- Multiple casual opportunities
- Clean, sort, assemble, pack & sterilise equipment used in Operating Theatres
- Join our well-respected and recognised “Ramsay Way” culture
Joondalup Health Campus is composed of 12 modern operating theatres that are equipped with some of the latest technology and sees an extensive range of clinical procedures performed.
As a Sterile Supply Department (SSD) Technician, you will be responsible for ensuring that high standards for cleaning, sorting, assembling, packaging and sterilising equipment used in the Operating Theatres and Ward areas, is maintained at all times. This will also involve, but is not limited to;
- Maintaining cleanliness of all work benches, trolleys, machines and equipment;
- Inspecting and checking all equipment to ensure any damage is reported in a timely manner; and
- Transporting instruments, trays and linen before and after sterilisation as required.
Flexibility to work across a seven-day roster is essential to this role.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Experience working as an SSD Technician and competent in sterilisation
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong task orientation
- Commitment to continuous improvement and the achievement of excellence
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills
- Willingness to accept and promote the Ramsay Way values
Candidates with a Certificate III in Sterilisation will be highly regarded.
On offer is a base hourly rate ranging from $28 to 29.95 + superannuation per hour.
Please note that the range above is exclusive of any loadings or penalties and is based off experience level.
Why Joondalup Health Campus?
Joondalup Health Campus is the largest health care facility in Perth’s northern suburbs, providing 24-hour acute care from an integrated public and private campus. Joondalup Health Campus has established an excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement. For more information on the hospital, please visit www.joondaluphealthcampus.com.au.
Ramsay Health Care also offers:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application. All applications should include a CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (6 months or less) National Police and Working with Children check prior to appointment. Persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries, please contact;
Maila Costelo-Snow, Clinical Nurse Manager
Close Date: Sunday 24th January 2021, 11:55pm
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend