Advanced Clinical Coder / Clinical Coder / Senior Coder
Job no: 510420
Work type: Full time, Part time
Location: Greenslopes Private Hospital
Categories: HIM/Clinical Coder/Medical Records
We’re looking for an experienced Advanced Clinical Coder / Clinical Coder / Senior Coder to join our dedicated team on a full-time or part-time basis at Greenslopes Private Hospital.
About the Role
As an Advanced Clinical Coder / Clinical Coder / Senior Coder, you will be responsible for accurate and timely abstraction and assignment of disease and procedure codes for each admitted episode of care in line with Australian Coding Standards and associated advice. The primary responsibilities for these roles include:
- Assist the Clinical Coding Service with the coding of outstanding records to support ongoing achievement of department KPIs
- Identify documentation deficiencies and liaise effectively with Clinical Documentation Specialists, Medical Officers, clinical staff and administrative staff to obtain accurate and complete information to facilitate coding
- Participate in both internal and external clinical coding audits
- Assist with the review of data validations and correction of errors associated with mandatory data reporting submissions
To be successful in this role you will be an experienced clinical coder with highly developed interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities. You will be a self-motivated with excellent organisation and prioritisation skills. Knowledge and experience of private hospital billing is desirable but not essential.
You will also demonstrate;
- Minimum 2 - 5 years clinical coding experience in a tertiary hospital utilising ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Sound Microsoft Excel skills and proficiency with all other standard Microsoft Office products
- Experience with patient administration system and 3M Code finder
Remuneration will be based on experience and Clinical Coding skills.
- Be part of a dynamic, growing team!
- Join an extensive national network of HIM/CC professionals
- Expand your knowledge of ICD/ACHI/AR-DRG classifications and private hospital funding
- Free onsite staff car parking
About the Organisation
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
Greenslopes Private Hospital is Australia’s leading private teaching hospital, owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, and located just 5km from Brisbane’s CBD. As a world-class tertiary medical facility, we have some of Queensland’s finest specialists working with us to offer the latest treatments and first-class service to our patients. The hospital employs 2,500 staff, contains 32 specialty units, and has 18 operating theatres.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Emma Carlson, Executive Assistant on firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend