- Permanent part-time and casual opportunities available;
- Competitive hourly rate and benefits including on-call allowance;
- Flexible work arrangements available allowing time to undertake further study or to spend with family.
About the role:
Our Medical Officer is responsible for managing the acute clinical care of patients and assisting in the provision of an efficient, safe and professional medical service to all patients in the Hospital in liaison with Specialists/ Visiting Medical Officers (VMO’s).
Our medical officer roster operates two shifts Monday to Friday
- 0800 – 1500
- 1430 - 2100 + on call
Weekends & Public Holidays
There is some flexibility with start and finish times for the successful candidate.
This is a great opportunity to utilise your clinical assessment and diagnostic skills within a supportive Hospital environment with a great team of people.
To succeed in this role, you will demonstrate a strong clinical skillset with the ability to manage a broad spectrum of patients across our facility including medical, surgical & rehabilitation patients. You will also have exceptional communication skills and demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The flexibility to handle a rotating roster with on call components along with weekend and evening shifts are also required.
You will also bring:
- General registration with AHPRA with current clinical experience
- Demonstrated skills and clinical knowledge to manage a broad spectrum of presentations including medical, surgical and rehabilitation patients
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more
About our organisation
Port Macquarie Private Hospital comprises of 72 beds, 6 operating theatres and modern day of surgery admission centre. The Hospital also incorporates a 5 bed High Dependency Unit and 6 Chair Renal Dialysis Unit.
As a leader on the mid north coast, Port Macquarie Private Hospital provides patients access to a wide range of services including orthopaedics, bariatric surgery, general surgery, urology, vascular, ophthalmology, gastroenterology, oral and maxillo-facial, gynaecology, plastic surgery and renal services together with rehabilitation, sleep studies and general medical services.
Why Port Macquarie?
The Hastings Region has a population approaching 80,000 people with approximately 40% holding private health insurance. Port Macquarie is constantly expanding and is one of the fastest growing towns on the east coast of Australia. With its great ‘all year round’ climate, the region attracts retirees who along with the existing residents generate a great demand for private healthcare.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants in patient contact roles will be required to provide a current Working with Children’s Check and proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Connie Porter on 02 6582 9868 or email@example.com
Close date: 31 January 2021 at 11:55pm