After Hours Manager
Job no: 512207
Work type: Casual
Location: Mitcham Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
Night Duty - Casual
Join our passionate operational leadership team at Mitcham Private Hospital and ensure the effective delivery of care to our patients after-hours.
About the Role
This is a key leadership position that is accountable for efficient and effective operational management of the hospital after-hours. The role supports and encompasses planning, implementing and evaluating care practices, policy compliance, processes and services. It will see you working with and supporting other Shift leaders and clinical managers in achieving excellence in care delivery in line with best practice and legislative requirements.
You will lead a passionate team of nurses and collaboratively work and consult with on-shift doctors to ensure the best practice and patient outcomes are achieved. This role reports directly to the Director of Clinical Services.
To be successful in this role you will be a positive and effective leader with the ability to motivate others. You will bring extensive clinical skills and experience along with exceptional interpersonal skills. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to coordinate and motivate a large team of clinical and non-clinical professionals.
You will also bring;
- Relevant qualifications and Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum 5 years postgraduate experience within Acute Care.
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective role model in the area of clinical practice
- Sound Computer skills in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Post-graduate studies in an appropriate speciality or management qualifications will be highly regarded.
To be successful you will need to be available during to work a 7-day rotating roster across evening/night shifts.
On offer is an hourly rate of $55-$56 + Superannuation and Casual Loading.
About the Organisation
Mitcham Private Hospital is a fully accredited, 121 bed acute medical, surgical, maternity and mental health facility, providing for the healthcare needs of Melbourne’s outer eastern communities.
The Hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972.
Benefits of working with Ramsay include;
• Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
• Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
• Flexible work practices to ensure we can support each employee’s unique work-life balance.
• Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of Immunisation to infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this position please reach out to Kylie O’Loughlin at OLoughlinKylie@ramsayhealth.com.au.
This organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children in line with our Child Safety Commitment Statement.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend