Clinical Nurse (Surgical)
Job no: 512235
Work type: Part time, Part time temp
Location: John Flynn Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
Clinical Nurse (Surgical)
Part-Time – 60 hours per fortnight
1-Year Contract & Permanent available
We are seeking experienced Registered Nurses to join the leadership team of our Surgical 1A Ward at John Flynn Private Hospital on the beautiful Gold Coast.
About the Role
In this role you will be joining our 1A ward, a 30 bed acute surgical unit. Your key focus will be supporting the Nurse Unit manager in achieving quality patient outcomes within the Unit.
Our unit works closely with a multi-disciplinary team and are responsible for providing high quality, best practice care to patients with a varied range of presentations. This role will involve day-to-day problem solving within the clinical setting and fostering a positive, friendly and supportive culture within our dedicated and professional nursing team. This is a direct leadership role and you will be mentoring and supporting the front-line team members within their roles.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset with acute surgical nursing experience along with a passion for delivering excellent patient care and a high standard of customer-focused service in line with Ramsay's core values. You will have exceptional communication skills and the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Your strong leadership, excellent time management and advanced clinical problem-solving skills will be key to your success in this role.
- Relevant registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in an acute surgical setting
- A relevant post graduate specialty qualification, or be working towards
- Ability to act as a positive role model with excellent communication and delegation skills
- Proven ability to assess, plan, coordinate and evaluate care delivery needs of patients
- Availability to work across a 7-day rotating roster and participate in on call rostering.
On offer is a PRO RATA hourly rate of $47.66 - $50.99 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (QLD Clinical Nurse/Midwife Level 2 gr1-gr4) [FTE $94 186.04 - $100 760.19]
John Flynn Private Hospital is a 334 bed, acute care hospital located at Tugun, on the southern end of the Gold Coast. The hospital provides services to the population of the Gold Coast and the Tweed Coast extending into the NSW Northern Rivers area.
The Hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972.
Benefits of working with Ramsay include;
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Flexible work practices to ensure we can support each employee’s unique work-life balance.
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of Immunisation to infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Belinda Wilson at WilsonB@ramsayhealth.com.au.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend