Quality & Risk Manager
Job no: 512284
Work type: Part time
Location: Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
- Permanent part-time opportunity (64 hours per fortnight with potential to increase to full-time)
- Facilitate clinical and non-clinical risk management programs
- Work for a well-respected global health care industry!
The Sunshine Coast allows for the ultimate work/life balance with options for city or beachside living. Bring your clinical skills to Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital and join a large company with exciting employee benefits!
About the Role
An exciting opportunity is available for an experienced and professional Quality & Risk Manager to join the Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital (SCUPH) team! In this key management position you will also have the opportunity to make your mark and collaborate on projects with the Sunshine Coast Network of hospitals incorporating SCUPH, Nambour Selangor Private Hospital and Noosa Hospital.
Working closely alongside the Director of Clinical Services, you will be responsible for facilitating the Hospital’s clinical and non-clinical risk management programs. This will entail overseeing the collection, management and evaluation of clinical indicators and the investigation and resolution of clinical incidents and adverse events. You will also be the appointed management representative for the Hospital Quality Management System.
The safety and wellbeing of our staff and patients is our priority, you will work to support and foster an organisational culture that embraces quality and strives to continually improve patient and business outcomes in line with relevant regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Relevant registration with AHPRA
- Experience in patient-related incident management & investigation
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an acute hospital setting
- Experience in risk assessment, development and implementation of risk reduction strategies, policies and procedures
- Strong understanding of the concepts, principles and practice of Clinical Governance
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills to develop relationships with key stakeholders and facilitate change management initiatives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a demonstrated ability to produce comprehensive reports such as business analysis and strategic direction documents
- Excellent work ethic, time management skills & the ability to work independently
- Strong computer literacy including the use of Microsoft Office and clinical risk database
Candidates with a nursing or allied health background and who hold a tertiary qualification in a relevant field will be highly regarded.
Why Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital?
Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital opened on 4 November 2013, offering a comprehensive range of inpatient and day services across a wide range of specialties. The Hospital offers a great opportunity for a career and lifestyle change in a significant area of growth.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972.
Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a current (12 months or less) National Police Check, a Working with Children Check and proof of Immunisation to infectious diseases.
For enquiries, please contact:
Emma Prosser, Director of Clinical Services
Close date: Friday 5th March 2021 at 11.55 pm.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend