Job no: 512287
Work type: Full time
Location: North Shore Private Hospital
Categories: Property Building Maintenance/Groundsperson/Security
We are seeking professional and experienced Maintenance Officer to join our Maintenance Department at North Shore Private Hospital on a Permanent Full Time Basis (76 hours per fortnight).
About the Role
As a Maintenance Officer you will undertake all assigned maintenance duties, including work related to general hospital maintenance including planned and reactive maintenance.
Duties may include:
- Maintenance and repairs – this may include electrical and data network alterations and additions, patching, plastering and painting, lighting maintenance, gutters, tiling, basic plumbing and other general repairs
- Planned and reactive maintenance – complete all planned works that are agreed manually whilst also repairing any immediate requirements that arise
- Work alongside the Hospital’s preferred suppliers where relevant and ensuring all work carried out by a contractor is within the planned budget
- Safe place to work – ensure that all health and safety regulations are adhered to, areas are kept tidy and you are an advocate for keeping team members and customers safe at all times
- You will be required to manage contractors that attend site for preventative maintenance, this requires conducting inductions and filling out work permits.
To be successful in this role you will be a positive and effective team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to develop relationships with colleagues and customers. You will have the ability to ensure health and safety regulations are adhered to and work is carried out in a tidy safe manner.
You will also bring:
- Relevant trade qualification or certificate
- NSW Class C Drivers Licence
- NSW Electrician’s Licence
- WH&S White Card (preferred)
- 5 years’ experience in a commercial/industrial setting
- Willingness to work at other nearby Ramsay facilities when required
North Shore Private Hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Healthcare a modern, acute care hospital in Sydney with a longstanding reputation for excellence in patient care. With 313 licenced beds, North Shore Private is one of NSW’s largest Private Hospitals. The hospital performs most surgical specialties including cardiothoracic, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, advanced general and colorectal, urology, spinal surgery, ENT, vascular, paediatrics, oncology and medical care.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check and proof of Immunisation to infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Brad Leet, Facilities and Maintenance Supervisor, at LeetB@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 9 March 2021
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend