Operations Manager - Ramsay Hospital Research Foundation
Job no: 512378
Work type: Full time
Location: Corporate Services - NSW Metropolitan
- Reporting directly to the CEO
- Broad role, responsible for the day to day operations of an active and growing research foundation
- Be a part of a globally recognised health care company
Ramsay Hospital Research Foundation (RHRF) is seeking a full time Operations Manager who will oversee the day to day activities of the Foundation. Reporting to the CEO, the successful applicant will lead the development and oversight of research networks and grants administration activities whilst also being responsible for financial management, HR and other day to day operational activities. This role is a critical part of the Foundation and will be actively working with the RHRF Board to lead the development and implementation of the strategy whilst also managing aspects of RHRF governance and board reporting.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the establishment and ongoing operations of the RHRF Research Networks in Cardiology, Cancer, Mental Health and Orthopaedics;
- Identify key researchers and individuals who can assist with the development of projects that actively address social determinants of health;
- Establish a robust grants administration framework and assume responsibility of the day to day operation and administration of that framework, working with grants administration officers and other key individuals;
- Assume responsibility for financial management and annual audit processes; and
- Lead the development and implementation of RHRF strategy in conjunction with the CEO and RHRF Board.
The role will encompass a number of key elements across people, processes and technology including:
- Project Management;
- Teamwork/Collaborative Working;
- Communication; and
- Change Management.
To be successful in this role, you will bring the following skills and experience:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the research sector, with a particular focus on health and medical research;
- A clear understanding of ethical, legal and commercial requirements for the operation of a not-for profit business;
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal including ability to prepare reports for senior executives;
- Solid leadership and emotional intelligence with proven ability to engage others;
- Proven ability to manage large stakeholder groups and to work from a position of influence to ensure outcomes; and
- Capable of multi-tasking and managing multiple projects simultaneously within a small team
About Ramsay Hospital Research Foundation
In 2015, Ramsay Health Care established and registered Ramsay Hospital Research Foundation (RHRF), a registered not for profit organisation. Operations of RHRF commenced in 2017, upon receipt of a core grant from the Paul Ramsay Foundation. This grant has led to the establishment of key research projects and a robust set of research programs over the past four years with a focus on mental health, health services and rehabilitation research. The core value proposition of RHRF is to fund research that will lead to actionable improvement of patient outcomes, preferencing Australian-based Ramsay hospitals/pharmacies. As RHRF evolves the foundation continues to develop key priorities in research. In 2021 the key priority areas have been expanded to include cancer, mental health, cardiology and orthopaedics with a particular focus on the establishment of research that addresses key social determinants of health.
For more information about this role, to request a position description or to have a confidential discussion, please contact:
Nicola Ware, CEO, Ramsay Hospital Research Foundation, E: email@example.com or (02) 94331402.
Applications should be lodged online. Your application should include your Curriculum Vitae outlining your experience and skills in line with the above criteria.
Applications close on: COB 12 March, 2021
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend