Nurse Unit Manager
Eating Disorder Unit
Permanent Full-Time (76 hours per fortnight)
- Permanent full time
- Key leadership role
- Grow your career across Ramsay’s network!
We are looking for an individual with a passion for quality patient care and invite local and interstate applicants to take on this rewarding opportunity to join a hospital that prides itself on exceeding Ramsay’s high standard of care.
About the Role
An opportunity exists in our (mental health clinic) for a Registered Nurse with strong managerial and leadership qualities to lead a professional team specialising in Mental Health.
The role encompasses planning, implementing and evaluating practices, processes and services within the department to ensure improved patient outcomes. The role requires working with and supporting other managers in achieving excellence in care delivery in line with best practice and legislative requirements. The position is accountable for the efficient and effective management of staff within the department.
This fast paced and highly rewarding role reports to the Director of Clinical Services.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting either as a Clinical/Nursing Manager in a similar department or as a senior nurse wanting to step into a management role. You will have exceptional communication skills and have the ability to inspire, motivate and mentor your team. You will be a leader with a passion for seeing your team members succeed and grow while bringing a passion for a high level of patient care and service.
- Current RN Registration with AHPRA
- Post Graduate Mental Health Qualification
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a similar mental health setting
- Previous experience working with patients who have an eating disorder
- Proven knowledge as a senior Nurse or Manager in a similar mental health setting
- Experience or exposure to managing clinical staff recruitment, rostering and performance management.
On offer is a Full-Time equivalent salary ranging from;
- $104,392 - $115,948 + Superannuation per annum based on experience level.
Northside Group is part of Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest provider of private health care, and has facilities in St Leonards, Cremorne, Wentworthville and Campbelltown. This position will be based at Northside Group St Leonards; our brand new 112-bed state-of-the-art facility, with specialties in Mood Disorders, Addiction Services, Eating Disorders, Young Adult Services, ECT and General Mental Health. We also operate a robust day program service across all disciplines.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
The Northside group in particular, offers free access to onsite gyms, discounted access to personal training, subsidised meals, regular peer supervision and the opportunity to work within a supportive and dynamic multidisciplinary team.
How to Apply
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check and proof of Immunity to infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Donna Earsman Acting Director of Clinical Services, at EarsmanD@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 29 April 2021