Job no: 514250
Work type: Part time
Location: The Avenue Hospital
Categories: Administration/Support Services
Permanent part-time opportunity
As an Administrative Clerk, you are responsible for providing administrative support and assistance to patients and their families upon their arrival at the hospital. You will also assist the reception, administration and clinical teams by coordinating the necessary clerical requirements for patients’ admission to discharge.
Responsibilities of this job may include:
- Admission scheduling processes to ensure appropriate bed management and utilisation
- Managing incoming and outgoing calls to the front desk.
- Provide timely and accurate information to queries by patients, visitors and other staff and departments.
- Work alongside medical staff, colleagues, patients and visitors to ensure a smooth hospital experience for patients.
- Compilation and management of patient admission papers and clinical notes.
To succeed in this role, you will be an enthusiastic individual with a strong administrative skillset and a passion for customer service and enjoys being part of a busy environment. The ability to converse and be empathetic while managing a busy flow of admissions and discharges is a key skill needed for this role. You will have strong communication and interpersonal skills and should be comfortable working in a team of doctors, nurses, pathologists, administrators and non-clinical staff.
You will also bring;
- Computer literacy including the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Experience in a medical setting will be highly desired, though not essential.
- Experience with Patient Management Systems, ideally Meditech, is highly desired
The Avenue Hospital
The Avenue is an advanced 152 bed private surgical and medical hospital located in the inner-city suburb of Windsor. The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check and proof of immunity to infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Julia Crowther, Chief Health Information Manager on CrowtherJ@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 14th April 2021
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend