Registered and Endorsed Enrolled Nurses along with Anaesthetic Technicians
The positions available are Permanent Part Time and Permanent Full Time.
About the Role
Cairns Private Hospital has an extensive range of surgical services including orthopaedic, vascular, urological, gynaecological and general services. As a part of Perioperative services within our Anaesthetics team, you will have the chance to work across the full scope of our surgical services.
You will perform clinical duties with the support and guidance of the Operating Theatre Manager, Clinical Nurse and Shift Leaders to ensure a high level of quality patient care is delivered.
In this role, you will be reporting to the Operating Theatre Manager and work with a diverse team driven to exceed Ramsay’s high standard of care.
To succeed in this role, you will bring strong clinical skillset in an acute care setting with proven anaesthetics experience. You will have exceptional customer service and time management skills with a passion for quality patient outcomes. You will be dedicated team player while comfortable working autonomously if necessary.
The flexibility to handle a rotating roster with evening and weekend shifts will be crucial to this role.
You will need to have the following:
- Relevant registration with AHPRA as Registered Nurse or Endorsed Enrolled Nurse.
- Enrolled Nurses must have certification to administer medications and IV’s.
- Technicians must bring a qualification in Anaesthetic Technology.
- Minimum of (2) two years’ experience post AHPRA registration in an acute hospital environment within a similar ward or unit (anaesthetics).
- Any postgraduate qualifications within a relevant perioperative specialty will be highly regarded.
On offer is a PRO RATA Full-Time Equivalent salary ranging from;
- $62,749 -$68,792 + Superannuation per annum based on experience level for Endorsed Enrolled Nurses.
- $72,111 -$92,529 + Superannuation per annum based on experience level for Registered Nurses.
- $62,046 - $63,401 + Superannuation per annum based on experience level for Anaesthetic Technicians.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
Cairns Private Hospital in tropical far north Queensland is an acute care facility offering a range of services including medical, general surgical, orthopaedic, obstetrics and cardiac services. This hospital is also equipped with The da Vinci surgical system, allowing surgeon’s to operate high-tech instrumentation with greater dexterity and precision than other minimally invasive techniques.
Cairns is a thriving tourist town with opportunities for numerous leisure pursuits in close proximity. There is a lively night scene with access to live theatre, concerts and the arts. The lifestyle is casual, built around the outdoors. Both JCU and CQU Universities have a campus in the city and there is access to numerous high-quality public and private schools. Beachside or inner-city living are both available options. Wherever you choose to live, the drive to work will be short and scenic. For further information visit
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check and proof of Immunity to infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please call Stephen Thompson, Perioperative Services Manager on 07 4052 5314.