Associate Nurse Unit Manager (Anaesthetics/PACU)
Join an organisation with a genuine commitment to family friendly practices, work-life balance and a wide array of learning and development programs. We offer strong, flexible career paths and provide unique opportunities to work across Ramsay’s network of facilities.
About the Role
Our well-equipped Operating Suite comprises eight operating rooms plus two Cath Labs and a state of the art Hybrid Theatre along with a 14 bed recovery room. Surgical specialties include: cardiac surgery, thoracic, spinal, general surgery, paediatrics, gynaecology, obstetrics, orthopaedics, urology, plastics, ENT, vascular and dental. Services are supported by an 11 bed Intensive Care Unit.
We are now seeking an experienced Anaesthetic/PACU nurse with management aspirations or experience to step into a key leadership role in the department. The successful candidate will be able to work collaboratively and consult with doctors to ensure the best practice and patient outcomes are achieved. In the ANUM role you will also closely monitor and assist with human and equipment resource management.
To succeed in this role you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting as a Registered Nurse with a passion for client care and a high standard of customer-focused service in line with Ramsay's core values. You will have exceptional communication skills and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment. You will bring a capacity to lead and inspire a team of clinical professionals and act as a passionate mentor to junior staff.
Specialty experience in an Anaesthetics team will be crucial for this role.
You will also bring;
- Relevant qualifications and Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse.
- Extensive proven experience as a Nurse in an acute care setting.
- 3 years minimum relevant specialty experience (Anaesthetics).
- Any clinical leadership experience or relevant post-graduate specialty qualifications will be highly regarded.
On offer is a PRO RATA annual salary of $97,656 + Superannuation.
About the Organisation
We are operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People". Benefits of working with Ramsay include;
Benefits of employment at Peninsula Private:
- Extensive in-house general and specialty education programs supported by clinical educators
- Scholarships & Study Discounts
- Access to clinical, managerial and leadership programs.
- A doctor is on-site 24 / 7
- On-site ICU (11 beds)
- Part of the global Ramsay Healthcare Group
- Staff recognition and reward programs
- Employee Benefit club offering discounted health & leisure choices
- Access to Ramsay corporate discounts including discounted private health insurance choices, discounted IT hardware & software & travel/holiday discounts
- Staff Wellness Program and access to a wide range of wellness options both locally and via the Ramsay intranet
- Employee Assistance Program
- Morning & afternoon tea provided
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of Immunisation to infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Roxanne Wenn, Nurse Unit Manager, on 03 9788 3679.
This organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children in line with our Child Safety Commitment Statement.