Job no: 515098
Work type: Casual, Part time
Location: Tamara Private Hospital
Categories: HIM/Clinical Coder/Medical Records
- Dreaming of breaking into the property market?
- Looking for the perfect place to live, work, and take the next step in your career?
- Looking to relocate and want all of the amenities of city living with the ease of a countryside lifestyle
We are seeking a qualified Clinical Coder to join team at Tamara Private Hospital Tamworth
Permanent Part Time and Casual opportunities are available (Hours and days are flexible)
About the Role
As a Clinical Coder you will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate abstraction and assignment of inpatient episodes. The diagnosis and procedure codes for inpatient episodes of care are assigned in accordance with the current standards and guidelines.
Duties and responsibilities involve but are not limited to:
- Effectively following-up information that is absent in the medical record or documentation that is ambiguous, requiring further qualification to identify the highest specificity
- Liaising with clinical and administrative staff to obtain accurate information to facilitate coding
- Participate in patient reporting system and data transmission activities as required
- Participate in regular continuing professional education
To be successful in this role, you will work effectively both within a team environment and independently as required. Your ability to maintain positive relationships and strong communication networks with all stakeholders and departments, ensuring all quality outcomes are achieved, is crucial for this role.
The successful candidate will also meet the following criteria:
- Minimum one (1) years’ full-time equivalent current clinical coding experience in an acute care setting
- Holds a recognised clinical coding qualification, or whose competency has been demonstrated through successful completion of an appropriate validated training process.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong understanding of casemix and Diagnosis Related Groups (DRG);
- Demonstrated good understanding of medical terminology, anatomy, and diseases processes
- Demonstrated sound computer skills using the MS Office Suite; and
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement activities and excellence in customer service.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more
About the Organisation
Tamara Private is a 53 bed Medical & Surgical Hospital with a large Day Surgery Unit adjacent to the 3 operating theatres and a large procedure room and a High Dependency Unit. Our surgical specialities include: General Surgery; Urology (including Robotics); Endoscopy; Ophthalmology; Gynaecology; ENT; Orthopaedic (including major Joint replacements); Oral Maxillary & Dental & Cosmetic Surgery
Our hospitals are owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way; "People Caring for People"
Thinking of Relocating
With permeant and casual opportunities on offer, this could be your chance to move to the unofficial capital city of rural New South Wales. Tamworth region boasts over 35 schools, TAFE and a University campus. Attracting over 50,000 visitors each year, there is plenty to see and do in your spare time. From the beautiful scenery of the New England Highway, picturesque nearby towns, galleries, restaurants national parks and lookouts and small farming opportunities. Don’t delay, apply today!
How to apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to submit your expression of interest
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact David Clark on ClarkDavid@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 22nd May 2021 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend