Environmental Services Assistant
Job no: 515280
Work type: Part time
Location: Masada Private Hospital
Categories: Environmental Services - Cleaner/Laundry
Environmental Services Assistant
Part-Time - 30 hours per fortnight
Masada Private Hospital
We are looking for casual cleaning staff for our busy hospital. The successful applicants will be energetic and enthusiastic about their work. They will demonstrate the ability to work effectively on their own and as part of a busy team. You must be flexible and available to work shifts of various lengths and shift times. Location of work will be discussed during interviews, with the option of working across one or both sites available.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Cleaning all areas of the hospital including theatre operating rooms, patient rooms, administration and consulting room areas
- Cleaning within guidelines and procedures set by infection control policies and safe operating procedures
- Complete all documents required to monitor the cleaning schedule throughout the facility
- Ensure all equipment is cleaned and restocked as required
- Ensure highest level of cleanliness is maintained throughout the hospital
- Attending all mandatory training and department meetings
- Abide by all OH&S policies and follow department procedures
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes:
- Previous cleaning experience ideally in a hospital setting and/or commercial cleaning experience
- Effective communication skills and good organisational skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Enthusiastic and a positive “can do” attitude
- Contribute effectively to a team environment and independently as required
- Demonstrate a great work ethic and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise work loads
- Be reliable, self-motivated and have a friendly nature
On offer is a base hourly rate of $22-$24 plus casual loading, based on experience.
About the Organisation
Masada Private Hospital is a fully accredited 105 bed acute medical, surgical facility with specialised dermatology, early parenting and rehabilitation services located in central Melbourne. Our philosophy is to provide a range of services which are appropriate to the needs of the community.
The Hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972.
Benefits of working with Ramsay at Masada include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Flexible shift times to ensure we can support each employee’s unique work-life balance.
- Morning and Afternoon tea regularly provided.
- Access to affordable coffee and meals at our onsite bistro and cafe.
- Free Parking
- Work alongside an experienced and committed team of professionals
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of Immunisation to infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Sharon Howell at HowellSharon@ramsayhealth.com.au
This organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children in line with our Child Safety Commitment Statement.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend