Nurse Unit Manager; Perioperative Services
Job no: 515333
Work type: Full time
Location: Peninsula Private Hospital
We are seeking a Nurse Unit Manager to join the leadership team of our Perioperative Unit at Peninsula Private Hospital in a Permanent Full-Time role.
About the Role
Peninsula Private Hospital’s Accident & Emergency Unit is a 14 bay department supporting an 11-Bed ICU, 8 Operating theatres, 2 cardiac catheter laboratories and 1 Hybrid theatre along with a busy Cardiac Services unit, Maternity Services and is a key community resource providing 24 hour emergency care to the Frankston, Mornington Peninsula, Southern and South Eastern areas of Melbourne.
In this role you will be taking on the full management of the unit and will be accountable for the efficient and effective management of all human & material resources within the Operating Suite. The role encompasses planning, implementing and evaluating all practices, processes and clinical services of the unit.
You will supported by a passionate team of Associate NUM’s while reporting to and utilising the mentorship of the Assistant Director of Clinical Services - Peri op.
To succeed in this role you will bring a strong clinical leadership skillset in an acute hospital Operating Room setting, with previous experience as a NUM or ANUM. You will bring a keen eye for strategic management of clinical staff, financial and material resources. Also key will be the capacity to lead and inspire a team of clinical professionals and act as a passionate mentor while effectively managing the resources and needs of the unit.
- Minimum 3 years NUM experience
- Formal management qualifications or working towards
- Previous employment in a peri operative setting.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to plan, develop, implement and evaluate a continuous improvement / risk management and quality program, in accordance to the National standards.
- Evidence of commitment to self-development
- Sound Computer skills in MS Office suite including Excel
- Registration with APHRA as a Registered Nurse
About the Organisation
We are operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People". Benefits of working with Ramsay include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of Immunisation to infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Elizabeth Blackburn, Assistant Director of Clinical Services at Blackburne@ramsayhealth.com.au.
Applications Close: 18th May
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend