Clinical Trials Coordinator
We are seeking an experienced Clinical Trials Coordinator to join our Clinical Trials Unit at St George Private Hospital
Permanent full-time position!
About the Role
The Oncology department provides inpatient and day patient services in both Oncology and Haematology. The Clinical Trials Unit is linked to the Oncology Department and is supported by a committed and professional team of staff.
We are seeking an experienced clinical trials co-ordinator to work with the Clinical Trials Manager in performing a range of activities for the coordination of Phase I, II and III global, sponsored clinical trials. This includes patient management, data collection, computing, administrative, and operational activities.
This role will see you reporting to the Director of Clinical Services and Clinical Trials Manager. You will be joining a team of passionate professionals driven to provide safe, holistic nursing care to each individual patient to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
You will have the ability to collaborate with all institutional staff to develop a constructive team orientated environment which provides a positive experience to sponsors, and trial participants to ensure quality and continuity of care for study participants. You will bring a high level of planning and organisation skills, including the ability to work under pressure, prioritise multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Your will also demonstrate:
- Applicants will either be a Registered Nurse with current AHPRA registration OR have a relevant tertiary qualification in health, science and/or research
- Recent experience in clinical trials coordination including patient assessment and management
- Understanding of clinical trials methodology, including ICH-GCP guidelines and the role of regulatory bodies
- Ability to work in a small team across all aspects of clinical trial coordination
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with patients and a multi-disciplinary team.
- Knowledge of guidelines in preparation of Ethics applications, submissions and ongoing HREC correspondence and safety reporting
- Excellent administrative skills, understanding of medical terminology and computer literacy, i.e. Excel spreadsheets, Word and Outlook
- Experience in clinical trial data entry
- Training and experience in venipuncture
- Oncology Experience
This role requires a caring and compassionate nature that enables you to provide supportive care to study participants and their families.
$33.23 - $46.67 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (NSW RN/Midwife gr1-gr8) [FTE 65 665.60 - $92 230.31]
St George Private Hospital is one of the most modern, clinically advanced private hospitals in Australasia. It is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected operator of private hospitals. The hospital is located in Sydney's South and is adjacent to St George Public Hospital. St George Private Hospital is a fully accredited 276 bed advanced surgical and acute medical facility. Working in partnership with some of Australia's leading medical specialists, the hospital has developed a strong reputation in Cardiac, Orthopaedics & Spinal Care, Neurosurgery, General Surgery, Medical, Cancer Care, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Colorectal and Urology.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of Immunity to specific infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Shu Pan, Clinical Trials Manager on Email: PanS@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 27th of May 2021