Job no: 515392
Work type: Full time
Location: Peninsula Private Hospital
Categories: HIM/Clinical Coder/Medical Records
Join an organisation with a genuine commitment to family friendly practices, work-life balance and a wide array of learning and development programs. We offer strong, flexible career paths and provide unique opportunities to work across Ramsay’s network of facilities.
Ramsay Health is looking for experienced Clinical Coders or senior Health Information professionals that wish to join our coding team. Due to a commitment to high quality coded data, expanding services, an increasingly diverse case mix, auditing and training opportunities. We offer a flexible work environment and extensive support network of Health Information Managers, Clinical coders, Clinical Documentation Specialists and educators.
We are committed to developing your coding skills and professional development is supported and encouraged;
- Recognised degree or qualification in ICD-10-AM coding
- Minimum 2 to 5 years hospital medical record coding experience covering a variety of specialities
- Experience in the use of 3M Codefinder software;
- Knowledge of health fund contracts and Australian Revised Diagnostic Related Groups (ARDRG);
- Sound IT skills
- Excellent organisational & communication skills;
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritise;
- Experience with Auditing
- Commitment to high standards of service through a continuous improvement focus;
About the Organisation
We are operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People". Benefits of working with Ramsay include;
Benefits of employment at Peninsula Private:
- Extensive in-house general and specialty education programs supported by clinical educators
- Scholarships & Study Discounts
- Access to clinical, managerial and leadership programs.
- A doctor is on-site 24 / 7
- On-site ICU (11 beds)
- Part of the global Ramsay Healthcare Group
- Staff recognition and reward programs
- Employee Benefit club offering discounted health & leisure choices
- Access to Ramsay corporate discounts including discounted private health insurance choices, discounted IT hardware & software & travel/holiday discounts
- Staff Wellness Program and access to a wide range of wellness options both locally and via the Ramsay intranet
- Employee Assistance Program
- Morning & afternoon tea provided
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of Immunisation to infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Susan Folkes at Folkess@ramsayhealth.com.au
This organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children in line with our Child Safety Commitment Statement.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend