Cardiothoracic Registered Nurses & Clinical Team Leader- Scrub /Scout
Wollongong Private Hospital are seeking Experienced Cardiothoracic Scrub Scouts as well as a Clinical Team Leader to join our Operating Theatre Team.
Multiple Permanent Full time, Part Time and Casual opportunities available.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity exists for highly motivated and experienced Cardiothoracic Scrub Nurses to join our dynamic team. Our operating theatres offer a range of specialties including Robotics, Neuro, Orthopaedics, Upper GI, Major General, Vascular, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Ophthalmology and Plastics and will be commencing Cardiothoracic surgery in August 2021.
Our Operating Theatres offer flexible rostering to balance work and family commitments, a commitment to ongoing education and a friendly work environment.
As a member of our theatre team you will perform duties with the support and guidance of your Nurse Unit Manager, Clinical Nurse and Shift Leaders to ensure a high level of quality service is provided to our patients throughout their procedures.
To succeed in this role you will be a positive and effective team player who brings excellent clinical and interpersonal skills. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to manage your time effectively to meet your responsibilities.
You will also demonstrate (Essential)
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Minimum 2 years recent cardiothoracic scrub/ scout theatre experience.
- Minimum 5 years recent Cardiothoracic scrub scout theatre experience if applying for the team leader position
- Ability to partake in on-call requirements in a scrub scout capacity
- Demonstrated ability to provide high standards of customer service
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to commit to the Cardiothoracic team
- Demonstrated understanding of current relevant guidelines, regulations and standards
- Post graduate qualifications in Perioperative or Critical Care Nursing
On offer is a full time equivalent salary of:
- $33.23 - $46.67 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (NSW RN/Midwife gr1-gr8) [FTE 65 665.60 - $92 230.31] (RN role)
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Wollongong Private Hospital is set in the heart of Wollongong's Medical Precinct.
The 151 bed private hospital features state of the art equipment, facilities and patient services setting a benchmark for healthcare facilities in the Illawarra. Wollongong Private Hospital includes all major services including an intensive care unit, nine operating theatres, a cardiac catheter laboratory, day oncology unit and stand-alone day surgical centre. It offers the full range of medical, surgical and maternity services.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Maddison Bahnert on BahnertM@ramsayhealth.com.au
Closing date: 17th June 2021 at 11:55pm