Registered Nurse - Cardiothoracic Ward
Job no: 515723
Work type: Casual, Full time, Part time
Location: Wollongong Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
- Work for Australia’s’ Leading Private Health Care Provider
- Grow your career across our National Network
- Be apart of our new Cardiothoracic Service
We are seeking an experienced Registered Nurse (CCU/Cardiology/Vascular) to join our team at Wollongong Private Hospital.
Multiple Permanent Full Time, Permanent part-time and casual opportunities!
About the Role
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated and experienced Cardiothoracic trained Registered Nurse to join our supportive and friendly team in the 24 bed Cardiothoracic Step down/ CCU/ Vascular ward in line with the commencement of our cardiothoracic service in August, 2021.
This opportunity will see you responsible for all aspects of patient care, developing and maintaining safe clinical practices and delivering excellent clinical outcomes.
The desirable applicant will have experience managing a range of pre and post cardiothoracic surgical patients for example: Pre and post-operative management of the patient undergoing Coronary artery bypass graft (CABG), Valve surgery. Established experience in management and removal of pacing wires, arterial lines and pleural/pericardial drains as well as ability to assess and treat cardiac arrhythmias. Knowledge of Pre and post coronary and vascular angiogram/ angioplasty, electrophysiology study, cardiac ablation, endovascular AAA repair is also desirable.
- Current registration with the AHPRA
- Minimum 2 years recent cardiothoracic ward/ Cardiothoracic ICU experience
- Established experience in UWSD, Management and removal of Pacing wires, UWSD and arterial lines.
- Ability to interpret complex ECG’s and escalate care needs of the individual appropriately
- Ability to assess, plan, co-ordinate and evaluate care delivery needs of patients
- Knowledge of legislative requirements in relation to nursing practice
- Knowledge of Quality/Continuous Improvement processes
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Understanding of scope of practice in line with relevant registration
- Ability to ensure excellence in customer service
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Excellent time management skills
- Post graduate qualifications in Critical Care (cardiology) / (Cardiothoracic) or working towards
- ALS qualified
On offer if a full time equivalent salary of:
- $33.23 - $46.67 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (NSW RN/Midwife gr1-gr8) [FTE 65 665.60 - $92 230.31]
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Wollongong Private Hospital is set in the heart of Wollongong's Medical Precinct.
The 151 bed private hospital features state of the art equipment, facilities and patient services setting a benchmark for healthcare facilities in the Illawarra. Wollongong Private Hospital includes all major services including an intensive care unit, nine operating theatres, a cardiac catheter laboratory, day oncology unit and stand-alone day surgical centre. It offers the full range of medical, surgical and maternity services.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide proof of immunisation against specific infectious diseases prior to commencement.
Enquiries: Yvette Payne - PayneY@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 10th June 2021 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend