Registered Nurses (ICU)
Peninsula Private Hospital
Multiple permanent roles available with hours flexible to your availability.
Join an organisation with a genuine commitment to family friendly practices, work-life balance and a wide array of learning and development programs. We offer strong, flexible career paths and provide unique opportunities to work across Ramsay’s network of facilities.
About the Role
The 11 bed Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Peninsula Private Hospital was established in 2012 and has since developed a strong reputation for providing excellent care for patients requiring an advanced level of service. Peninsula Private offers ICU support for wide and varied presentations, yet specialises in Cardiothoracic, major general surgery, bariatric, and respiratory conditions.
As a member of our clinical team you will review, plan and deliver patient care within the unit with the guidance and support of the Nurse Unit Manager, Clinical Nurse Educator, Shift Leaders and a supportive nursing team to ensure a high level of quality service is provided to our patients within the Ward.
To succeed in this role, you must display strong clinical knowledge and competence within an acute hospital setting. You will hold a passion for client care and a high standard of customer-focused service in line with Ramsay's core values. You will have exceptional communication skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The flexibility to work 12 hour rotating shifts along with weekend and night shifts will be key for this role.
You will also bring;
- Relevant qualifications and Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse.
- Proven experience (5 years minimum) within a similar Unit or Ward (ICU/Critical Care) or postgraduate qualifications equivalent to a critical care certificate level are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a high-performing team.
On offer is an hourly rate of $ 31.63 - $ 44.15 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (VIC RN/Midwife gr1-gr10) [FTE $62 516.09 - $87 256.01]
About the Organisation
Our Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
Benefits of employment at Peninsula Private:
- Extensive in-house general and specialty education programs supported by clinical educators
- Scholarships & Study Discounts
- Access to clinical, managerial and leadership programs.
- A doctor is on-site 24 / 7
- On-site ICU (11 beds)
- Part of the global Ramsay Healthcare Group
- Staff recognition and reward programs
- Employee Benefit club offering discounted health & leisure choices
- Access to Ramsay corporate discounts including discounted private health insurance choices, discounted IT hardware & software & travel/holiday discounts
- Staff Wellness Program and access to a wide range of wellness options both locally and via the Ramsay intranet
- Employee Assistance Program
- Morning & afternoon tea provided
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of Immunisation to infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Sarah Edwards, Nurse Unit Manager 03 9788 4355.
This organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children in line with our Child Safety Commitment Statement.