Registered Nurse/Registered Midwife
We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse/Midwife to join our maternity unit team at Wollongong Private Hospital in this Permanent Part-time opportunity.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity is available for a warm and professional Registered Nurse/Midwife to join our thriving Maternity Unit at Wollongong Private Hospital.
In this role you will be working in a multidisciplinary team performing duties with the support and guidance of the Nurse Unit Manager, Clinical Nurse and Shift Leaders to provide patients with family-centred nursing care.
Our dedicated team of clinician’s focus is to provide mother, family and baby with high quality care and service in a first-class facility
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset working in a hospital setting, with experience working in maternity services. Your effective communication skills and ability to develop and maintain effective interpersonal relationships to liaise and consult with family members, broad range of health professionals and community agencies in a constructive and collaborative fashion is essential for this role.
You will also demonstrate:
- Current AHPRA registration (dual registration as Midwife & Nurse highly desirable)
- Minimum two (2) years post graduate experience working within area of specialty
- Demonstrates strong knowledge in all areas of maternity services
- Postgraduate maternity qualifications will be highly regarded, though not essential.
- Demonstrates excellent time management, clinical problem solving and organisational skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program(s)
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Wollongong Private Hospital is a 151-bed private hospital operated by Australia's largest private hospital operator, Ramsay Health Care and is set in the heart of Wollongong's Medical Precinct adjacent to the Wollongong Public Hospital. It features state of the art equipment, facilities and patient services setting a benchmark for healthcare facilities in the Illawarra. Wollongong Private Hospital includes all major services including an intensive care unit, nine operating theatres, a cardiac catheter laboratory and a day oncology unit. It offers the full range of medical, surgical and maternity services.
Located just 80km south of Sydney, Wollongong is a major metropolitan hub on the coast of NSW. Whilst enjoying all the services of a major metropolitan city, Wollongong residents also enjoy a relaxed beach lifestyle in this beautiful coastal location.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
On offer is a base hourly rate ranging from;
- $33.23 - $46.67 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (NSW RN/Midwife gr1-gr8)
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Rachel Townsend on TownsendR@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 25th May at 11.55pm