Nurse Unit Manager Renal / Day Medical Unit
Job no: 516519
Work type: Full time
Location: Port Macquarie Private Hospital
We are seeking a Nurse Unit Manager to join the leadership team of our Renal / Day Medical Unit at Port Macquarie Private Hospital in a Permanent Full-Time role.
About the Role
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected operator of private hospitals, Port Macquarie Private Hospital is a 72 bed acute Medical/Surgical and Rehab facility with 6 Renal Chairs, Day Medical Unit and a Day Surgery complex and is continually growing its services. Comprehensive Medical/Surgical services are offered with 24 hour Medical Officer Support including Orthopaedics, Urology, General Surgery, ENT, Bariatric and Vascular, Plastic & Ophthalmology.
In this role you will be taking on the full management of the unit and will be accountable for the efficient and effective management of all human & material resources within the Renal / Day Medical Unit. The role encompasses planning, implementing and evaluating all practices, processes and clinical services of the unit.
You will supported by a passionate team of Nurse Unit Managers while reporting to and utilising the mentorship of the Nurse Unit Manager Hastings / HDU.
To succeed in this role you will bring a strong clinical leadership skillset in an acute setting, with previous experience as a NUM or ANUM. You will bring a keen eye for strategic management of clinical staff, financial and material resources. Also key will be the capacity to lead and inspire a team of clinical professionals and act as a passionate mentor while effectively managing the resources and needs of the unit.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in haemodialysis
- Formal management qualifications or working towards
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to plan, develop, implement and evaluate a continuous improvement / risk management and quality program, in accordance to the National standards.
- Evidence of commitment to self-development
- Sound Computer skills in MS Office suite including Excel
- Registration with APHRA as a Registered Nurse
- Experience in Day Medical Infusions desirable
About the Organisation
We are operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People". Benefits of working with Ramsay include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a Working with Children Clearance and proof of immunity to infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please email Jennifer Freeland, Director of Clinical Services at FreelandJ@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 17th June 2021
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend