Job no: 516644
Work type: Part time temp
Location: Albert Road Clinic
Categories: Allied Health Professionals, Nursing - Registered
Temporary Part Time (12 months)
This position will be Fixed Term (12months) Part Time with an option to increase hours as new work commences. Extension of term will be funding dependent.
About the Role
In this role, you will be working closely with principal investigators, sponsors, clinical trial coordinators and all associated staff to assist the day to day running of a research project.
As Research assistant you will be involved in participant recruitment and screening, administering scales and measures at participant study visits, data and specimen collection and data entry.
You will have experience in administering standard scales and measures used in mental health, meticulous attention to detail, strong self-motivation and ability to work independently and cooperatively, as required, ensuring that the research activities conducted by the unit offer a high quality, professional and efficient research service to both Investigators and Sponsors.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong interest in mood disorders, mental health interventions and an understanding of psychiatric diagnoses and disorders
Knowledge and skills
- A Demonstrated experience and ability to conduct interviews and use standardised mental health clinical assessment instruments
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to a research protocol, problem solving skills and an awareness of the principles of the International Conference on Harmonisation and Good Clinical Practice (ICH GCP)
- Demonstrated administrative and organisational skills in a research setting including maintaining accurate research records and ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for effective research collaboration and engagement
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with multidisciplinary stakeholders and to see and accept direction as required
The successful candidate will also meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree of Nursing, Psychologist, behavioural or social sciences, allied health and/ or related discipline
- Advanced level of problem solving, prioritising and negotiation skills
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Experience in specimen/blood sampling (desirable)
- Experience conducting randomised controlled trials, with pharmaceutical interventions (desirable)
- Sound computer skills
The role will also provide great opportunity to learn under the mentorship of experienced researchers, and develop skills, knowledge, and experience.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of Immunity to infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please email Melanie Hurley at HurleyMelanie@ramsayhealth.com.au
This organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children in line with our Child Safety Commitment Statement.
Close Date: 18th June 2021
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend