Job no: 516895
Work type: Casual
Location: Cairns Private Hospital
Categories: Administration/Support Services
Cairns Private Hospital is seeking an experienced Ward Clerk to join the team on a casual basis.
About the Role
Cairns Private Hospital is a modern, well-equipped facility offering comprehensive range of medical and allied services with first-class care for the people of the region.
You will assist the reception, administration and clinical teams by coordinating the necessary clerical requirements for patients’ admission to discharge.
Key responsibilities of this job include:
- Admission and discharge processes to ensure appropriate bed management and utilisation
- Managing incoming and outgoing calls to the ward
- Provide timely and accurate information to queries by patients, visitors and other staff and departments
- Work along side medical staff, colleagues, patients and visitors to ensure a smooth hospital experience for patients
- Compilation and management of patient admission papers and clinical notes
To succeed in this role, you will be an enthusiastic individual with a passion for customer service and enjoys being part of a busy ward. The ability to converse and be empathetic while managing a busy flow of admissions and discharges is a necessary skill needed for this role. You will have strong communication and interpersonal skills and should be comfortable working in a team of doctors, nurses, pathologists, administrators and non-clinical staff.
There will be opportunities to work additional hours, covering adhoc sick and holiday relief.
You will also bring:
- Ability to multi task while maintaining efficiency in attention to detail
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Ability to complete tasks within designated timeframes in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and conflict resolution skills
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
Cairns Private Hospital in tropical far north Queensland is an acute care facility offering a range of services including medical, general surgical, orthopaedic, obstetrics and cardiac services. This hospital is also equipped with The da Vinci surgical system, allowing surgeon’s to operate high-tech instrumentation with greater dexterity and precision than other minimally invasive techniques.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Rochelle Biancotti, Director of Clinical Services at BiancottiR@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 17 June 2021
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend