Job no: 516954
Work type: Casual
Location: St Andrew's Ipswich Private Hospital
Categories: Catering/Food Services
About the Role
In this role you will be responsible for the distribution and collection of all customer menus, food trays and beverages. You will also work closely with our cooks and chef in assisting with basic preparation of food items for our patients. You will have share a key team responsibility of maintaining cleanliness within the department along with the required Food Safety Plan, whilst offering high standards of quality and service to customers and patients.
This is a casual role that will involve a variety of day and night shifts including weekends.
In this role you will report to the Catering Manager and work closely with a supportive team.
To succeed in this role you will be a positive and energetic team player with a passion for culinary preparation and service. Any experience within customer service or food preparation, especially within a clinical setting, will be highly regarded. Also key to this role is the flexibility to work a rotating roster including night and weekend shifts.
- Understanding of food safety and hygiene principles
- Proven ability to prioritise tasks effectively
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus
- Experience in a fast-paced hospitality environment
- Ability to problem solve and maintain good working relations with others
- Experience within a hospital catering team
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include cover letter, CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Herbert Hobiger at HobigerH@ramsayhealth.com.au
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend