We are seeking a motivated Allied Health Manager with appropriate knowledge and skills to provide leadership to our Ramsay Health Care team at Northside Group Macarthur Clinic
This is a permanent opportunity.
We are happy to accept applications for full-time and part-time.
About the Role
The Allied Health Manager holds a key leadership position within the hospital and is responsible for the efficient and effective management of the Allied Health services at Northside Group Macarthur Clinic. This position encompasses planning, implementing and evaluating practices and processes of Allied Health services within the inpatient and day program clinic settings. There are two Allied Health Manager roles at Northside Macarthur Clinic, and you will be working collaboratively with the other manger.
You will be responsible for ensuring care is delivered in line with best practice, legislative and health fund requirements, driving efficiencies, building strong relationships internally and externally, whilst making a valuable contribution to the Hospital continuous improvement process.
You will also be responsible for Allied Health rostering, recruitment, supervision/training, performance management, and student placements. You will also be required to provide group therapy cover when you are unable to source casual staff.
You will be required to work collaboratively with the members of the Allied Health team as well as other members of the hospital management team to ensure department functions and systems support the business needs of the hospital.
This position requires an experienced Allied Health professional with strong clinical and leadership skills, and the ability to manage a multidisciplinary team. To be successful you must have excellent communication skills, problem solving abilities and the ability to work to tight deadlines. To succeed in this role you will be an effective and approachable leader with a natural ability to build rapport and effective relationships with both internal and external clientele.
- Recognised qualifications in an Allied Health discipline
- Minimum three (3) years post-graduate experience in relevant clinical area
- Current relevant registration with AHPRA
- Demonstrated ability in leadership and management competence
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Ability to effectively plan and manage financial, human and material resources
- Ability to plan, develop, implement and evaluate a continuous improvement program
- Ability to apply research findings to clinical practice
- Post graduate studies in an appropriate area of Allied Health
- Previous experience in a management position
- Holding or working towards a tertiary management qualification
- Sound computer skills in MS Office programs
About the Organisation
Northside Group is part of Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest provider of private health care, and has facilities in St Leonards, Cremorne, Wentworthville and Macarthur. This position is based at Northside Group Macarthur.
Northside Group Macarthur Clinic is a 48 bed facility located near the centre of Campbelltown providing specialised and holistic treatment for a range of mental health illnesses and conditions. Macarthur Clinic offers excellent evidence-based clinical care, provided by a dedicated team of health professionals, including psychiatrists, psychologists and specialist nurse therapists.
Northside Group Macarthur Clinic provides patients with a holistic program consisting of Cognitive Behavioural group therapy and elements of Dialectical Behaviour Therapy and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. Aside from structured psychological groups, the program also offers a range of daily experiential-based therapies, which patients have the opportunity to individually select with an Allied Health staff member. These include art therapy, yoga, gym, social health activities, walking groups and animal assisted therapy. The group program is designed to assist patients in developing a range of new coping skills and is facilitated by a multi-disciplinary team including clinical psychologists, counsellors and specialist nurse therapists. Patients will be reviewed by their allocated psychiatrist within 24 hours of admission and the psychiatrist will review them at least twice weekly whilst they remain an inpatient.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program(s)
- Industry discounts across private health insurance , retail services and financial services
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide a National Police Check and proof of immunity to infectious diseases before commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Deborah Shand, Allied Health Manager at email@example.com
Applications close: 24th June 2021