Job no: 517000
Work type: Full time
Location: The Adelaide Clinic
Categories: Nursing - Registered
Perfect opportunity to step up into a leadership role, ideally for Senior Registered Nurses seeking the next step to develop their career! Permanent Full Time opportunity
About the Role
The Adelaide Clinic, a leading provider of psychiatric services in South Australia, is seeking Clinical Nurses to join our team.
Our Hospital is dedicated to acute adult psychiatric illnesses including depression, anxiety, psychosis, schizophrenia, obsessive-compulsive disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder. In this role, you will work alongside our dedicated and compassionate multidisciplinary team of psychiatric, allied health and medical staff. As a Clinical Nurse, you will be responsible for the effective and efficient coordination of clinical services. Acting as a professional resource and demonstrating broad knowledge in all facets of caring for patients, you will be responsible for;
- Contributing to, and participating in, the education of all levels of staff being involved in department orientation, in servicing and clinical competence programs;
- Working with peers, and liaising with the Clinical Nurse Coordinator to drive education within the unit; and
- Consistently performing accurate and comprehensive patient assessments to address the individual patient’s short and long-term needs including their physical, social and spiritual needs.
The successful candidate will meet the following essential criteria:
- Registration with AHPRA as either a Registered Nurse
- Experience working in a Mental Health department
- A commitment to Mental Health & Wellbeing promotion
- Experience in coordinating shifts and managing the unit after hours
- Demonstrated ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrates well-developed planning, prioritisation and time management skills
- Ability to supervise, lead, direct and motivate staff to achieve outcomes
- Demonstrated commitment to uphold and promote the Ramsay Way core values
Candidates with postgraduate qualifications in Mental Health Nursing would be highly desirable.
Why the Adelaide Clinic?
The Adelaide Clinic is a part of the Ramsay Health Care South Australian Mental Health Services Group of hospitals and is a leading provider of psychiatric services in this State. A teaching facility of the University of Adelaide, the Clinic provides a full range of general, acute and specialised psychiatric services and community outreach services.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practicing the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972.
Benefits of working with us include;
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, and proof of Immunity to specific infectious diseases.
For enquiries, please contact:
Jennifer Robertson; Team Leader
Close date: 21st June 2021 at 11:55pm
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend