76 hours per fortnight – Permanent Full Time or minimum of 0.6 Permanent Part Time
We are seeking an experienced Registered Nurse to join the leadership team of our Gardenia Ward at Peninsula Private Hospital in Langwarrin as an
About the Role
In this role you will be joining our Gardenia Ward, a 24-bed Cardiac Step-Down unit (working closely with our Coronary Care Unit) which includes 10 Cardiac Telemetry beds.
You will be taking on a key leadership role within our unit mentoring and leading a passionate team of nurses and clinical support staff alongside a supportive leadership team so this role will suit an individual driven to help others succeed. This is a perfect opportunity for a senior nurse to step up into a management role and build your clinical leadership skillset.
This role reports to the Nurse Unit Manager.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting as a Critical/Coronary Care Registered Nurse with a passion for client care and a high standard of customer-focused service in line with Ramsay's core values. You will have exceptional communication skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. You will bring a capacity to lead and inspire a team of clinical professionals and act as a passionate mentor. Specialty experience within a Cardiac unit will be essential for this role.
The flexibility to handle a rotating roster with weekend and evening shifts will also be key for this role.
You will also bring:
- Relevant qualifications and Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse.
- 3 years’ minimum experience in an acute Cardiac/ICU nursing care setting is essential
- A Critical Care/Coronary Care Post Graduate certificate will be required for this role.
- Prior in charge or ANUM experience is desirable
The successful candidate will be approachable, have high standards of nursing care and eager to empower a team. You will have good time management and teamwork skills.
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Peninsula Private Hospital is an acute emergency, surgical, medical, cardiac and obstetric facility located in the bayside suburb of Langwarrin in Melbourne's south east. Peninsula is currently looking to further expand of its cardiac services, and currently is 341 bed hospital. Peninsular Private Hospital currently accommodates a 14-bay emergency department, 160 medical and surgical, 36 cardiac, 11 ICU, 7 Neonatal, 14 Obstetric, and 33 Oncology beds which includes 10 day-infusion chairs. As a fully accredited health care facility we offer the highest standards of clinical care, patient service, and technology.
Peninsula Private Hospital provides an onsite 24/7 emergency service.
Benefits of employment at Peninsula Private:
- Extensive in-house general and specialty education programs supported by clinical educators
- Scholarships & Study Discounts
- Access to clinical, managerial and leadership programs.
- A doctor is on-site 24 / 7
- On-site ICU (11 beds)
- Part of the global Ramsay Healthcare Group
- Staff recognition and reward programs
- Employee Benefit club offering discounted health & leisure choices
- Access to Ramsay corporate discounts including discounted private health insurance choices, discounted IT hardware & software & travel/holiday discounts
- Staff Wellness Program and access to a wide range of wellness options both locally and via the Ramsay intranet
- Employee Assistance Program
- Morning & afternoon tea provided
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and Working with children’s clearance prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Gayle Cutchie, Nurse Unit Manager at CutchieG@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 12th August 2021