Nursing Unit Manager
Job no: 518561
Work type: Full time
Location: Southern Highlands Private Hospital
Categories: Management, Nursing - Registered
We are seeking a Nurse Unit Manager to join the leadership team of our Perioperative Unit at Southern Highlands Private Hospital in a Permanent Full-Time role.
About the Role
In this role you will be taking on the full management of the unit and will be accountable for the efficient and effective management of all human & material resources within the Operating Suite. The role encompasses planning, implementing and evaluating all practices, processes and clinical services of the unit.
To succeed in this role you will bring a strong clinical leadership skillset in an acute hospital Operating Room setting, with previous experience as a NUM or ANUM. You will bring a keen eye for strategic management of clinical staff, financial and material resources. Also key will be the capacity to lead and inspire a team of clinical professionals and act as a passionate mentor while effectively managing the resources and needs of the unit.
- Minimum 3 years NUM experience
- Formal management qualifications or working towards
- Previous employment in a peri operative setting.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to plan, develop, implement and evaluate a continuous improvement / risk management and quality program, in accordance to the National standards.
- Evidence of commitment to self-development
- Sound Computer skills in MS Office suite including Excel
- Registration with APHRA as a Registered Nurse
Southern Highlands Private Hospital provides 74 acute medical and surgical beds, as well as an extensive range of onsite rehabilitation and palliative care services for the community and beyond to the regional and rural areas. The Hospital has 4 Operating Theatres, a Procedure Room, a Day Surgery Unit, a High Dependency Unit and a Day Oncology Unit. The hospital is located in Bowral, adjacent to the public hospital.
We are operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People". Benefits of working with Ramsay include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of Immunity to infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Lisa Granger, Director of Clinical Services at email@example.com.
Applications Close: 7th September 2021
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend