Food Services Assistant
Job no: 518706
Work type: Casual
Location: Beleura Private Hospital, Peninsula Private Hospital
Categories: Catering/Food Services
We are seeking positive, hard-working Casual Food Services Assistants to join our Food Services team across our bayside cluster of Hospitals in Melbourne’s southeast consisting of Beleura and Peninsula Private Hospitals.
About the Role
As a Food Services Assistant, you will be assisting the chef with food preparation and be responsible for the distribution and collection of all customer menus, food trays and beverages, and basic food preparation. This also includes preparation of special dietary needs for patients as directed by the hospital Dietician or relevant Manager.
You will also be responsible for maintaining cleanliness within the department in line with required food safety, infection control and hospital standards, while offering high standards of quality and service to customer and patients.
In this role you will report to Catering Manager and work closely with a positive and respected team.
To succeed in this role, you will have a high attention to detail and work effectively in a team or independently as required, within a fast paced environment. Your ability to prioritise tasks effectively will assist you with your excellent time management skills.
The flexibility to take shifts across the three sites when required will be essential.
You will also bring;
- Previous experience in a prep kitchen or hospital environment is highly desirable.
- Understanding of food safety and hygiene principles
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus
- Compliance with HACCP, Food Safety and Workplace, Health and Safety
- Certificate II or Certificate III in Hospitality (desirable)
On offer is a base hourly rate of $22-$24 plus superannuation and casual loading, based on experience.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
The sites with positions on offer include:
- Beleura Private Hospital is a 157 bed fully accredited private hospital located on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula, about one hour south-east of Melbourne in the seaside town of Mornington.
- Peninsula Private Hospital is an acute emergency, surgical, medical, cardiac and obstetric 341 bed facility located in the bayside suburb of Langwarrin in Melbourne's south east. As a fully accredited health care facility we offer the highest standards of clinical care, patient service, and technology.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of Immunity to specific infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Steven Drummond at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Close: 11th August 2021
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend