CLINICAL NURSE SPECIALIST – ENDOSCOPY
Job no: 518853
Work type: Part time
Location: Ballina JV
Categories: Management, Nursing - Registered
Permanent Part time – 48 hours per fortnight
About the Role
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated and experienced Endoscopy Nurse wishing to advance to a Clinical Nurse Specialist role
.. This position will provide the right applicant with the opportunity to develop their skills with progression to overseeing the Endoscopy Speciality at Ballina Day Surgery.
- Provide a high level of Clinical assistance to the VMOs, other Endoscopy staff and the patients
- You will facilitate the smooth operation of the Endoscopy department with a can-do attitude and a strong customer service focus
- You will have the ability to build strong relationships with Staff offering expert guidance and mentoring with emphasis on safety, opportunity, education and standards
- You will responsible for monitoring and observing all regulatory standards associated with the use, storage and reprocessing of reusable Endoscopes
- You will be assisting with all Endoscopy Compliance/audits
As a Clinical Nurse, you will act as a clinical and professional resource person demonstrating broad knowledge and clinical expertise in all facets of caring for patients whilst demonstrating a high level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills within a clinical setting. You will contribute to the education of clinical staff and make a valuable contribution to the continuous improvement processes of the hospital.
- Relevant registration with AHPRA
- 3 years Endoscopy experience is ideal for this role with any experience cleaning Endoscopy equipment being highly desirable.
- Competent in all areas of Endoscope management, including regulatory requirements
- Current of member of GENCA
- GENCA fundamental endoscopic reprocessing training
- Willingness to contribute and participate in the education of all levels of staff involved in Endoscopy
- Understanding of scope of practice in line with relevant registration
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Ability to ensure excellence in customer service
- Excellent time management skills
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment or working towards
- COGEN credentialed Gastroenterology Nurse
$94,097.12 -$115,694.80+ Superannuation per annum based on experience level and qualifications.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Donna Reichel, Director of Nursing on ReichelD@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 3rd August 2021 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend