Admin Officer - Purchasing
Job no: 518866
Work type: Part time
Location: John Flynn Private Hospital
Categories: Administration/Support Services
Supply Administration Assistant
We are seeking an Administration Officer to join our Stores and Supply team at John Flynn Private Hospital.
Permanent part-time position (48 hours per fortnight)!
About the Role
In this role, you will provide efficient and effective administration support to the Stores and Supply department. The department supports all hospital departments ensuring adequate medical stock, uniforms and general supplies are available when required. You will regularly liaise with both internal and external customers responding to general enquires and actioning as needed.
You will work alongside a professional team and report to the Supply Manager.
You will be a highly organised and process focused professional with previous experience in a hospital or warehouse operation preferable. Crucial to this role will be a high level of accuracy, time management and agility. The ideal candidate will be a team player with the ability to connect and positively contribute to team culture.
You will also demonstrate;
- Demonstrated ability to accurately and efficiently undertake general administrative and data entry duties using initiative where necessary.
- Ability to work autonomously or cohesively in a team with administrative, operational and professional staff; and effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, with clients to respond to requirements in a professional and efficient manner.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to acquire knowledge of procedures involved in the operation of hospital warehousing, including computerised inventory management systems and relevant software packages, and demonstrated proficiency in the use of common office systems and applications.
- Demonstrated ability to actively participate in a working environment supporting quality human resource management practices including employment equity, anti-discrimination, occupational health and safety, and ethical behaviour.
To be successful in this role you will be a flexible individual who is available to work rotating shift roster Monday to Friday (day and afternoon shifts only).
John Flynn Private Hospital is a 334 bed, acute care hospital located at Tugun, which is on the southern end of the Gold Coast, within 5 minutes from the Gold Coast Airport. The hospital provides services to the population of the Gold Coast and the Tweed Coast extending into the NSW Northern Rivers area.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, and proof of Immunity to specific infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Michael Wells, Supply Manager on Wellsmi@ramsayhealth.com.au
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend