Job no: 518898
Work type: Casual
Location: Mt Wilga Private Hospital
Categories: Allied Health Professionals
We are seeking a Speech Pathologist to join our Allied Health team on a Casual basis at Mt Wilga Private Hospital.
- Join the leader in providing quality rehabilitation services.
- Contribute to an innovative and committed multidisciplinary team.
- Enhance your knowledge through access to an expert team of staff.
Mt Wilga Private Hospital is a 119 bed specialist rehabilitation facility situated in Hornsby, a peaceful area of Sydney’s Upper North Shore. Part of the Ramsay Health Care Group, Mt Wilga boasts an excellent clinical reputation as a leader in private rehabilitation, with large treatment areas, two hydrotherapy pools, and fully equipped gymnasiums. Mt Wilga offers comprehensive rehabilitation programs for patients presenting with a wide variety of conditions including orthopaedic, musculoskeletal, neurological, back and pain management, cardiac, amputee, reconditioning, and lymphoedema.
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated individual to join our Speech Pathology team working across Inpatient, Day Program and Outpatient. If you are interested in joining a committed, compassionate, and highly respected team, we would love to hear from you.
- You will conduct functional assessments, provide intervention and discharge planning for a diverse range of adult patients who require rehabilitation.
- Provide therapy in individualised and group settings.
- Participate in developing appropriate discharge plans with the multidisciplinary team.
- Work both independently and within a team structure supporting a job share position.
- Be motivated and enthusiastic with a passion for speech pathology.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following criteria:
- Degree in Speech Pathology or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently manage a case load
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- High standard of customer service and a team approach
- Commitment to professional development and maintenance of current evidence based practice
- Flexible, positive approach to wo
- Membership with the Speech Pathology Australia (desirable)
About the Organisation
Ramsay Health Care was established in 1964 and has grown to become a global hospital group operating 480 facilities across 11 countries, making it one of the largest and most diverse private healthcare companies in the world, and the largest in Australia. Ramsay is well-respected throughout the health care industry for operating quality private hospitals and for its excellent record in hospital management and patient care. Its focus is on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety; being an employer of choice and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: “People Caring for People”.
Benefits of working with Ramsay include;
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- A wide variety of industry discounts across a range of services including Fitness Passport, discount health insurance, Ramsay Employee Club discounts and more
- Free onsite parking
- Remuneration package commensurate of your experience.
- Free on-site parking.
To ensure the safety of our team and patients, all successful applicants will be required to provide a current National Police Check and proof of immunity to infectious diseases. Please provide 2 work related references and address the selection criteria.
If you have any question please contact Scott Appleton (Day Program and Outpatient Therapy Manager) at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 15th August 2021
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend