Business Development Officer - Gold Coast
Job no: 518918
Work type: Full time
Location: Corporate Services - QLD Metropolitan, Pindara Private Hospital
Categories: Marketing, Other
- Grow your career with Australia's largest private health care provider
- Permanent Full time
- Gold Coast Location
We are looking for an outcome driven and suitably experienced individual to undertake business development activities on behalf of our inpatient facilities on the Gold Coast, John Flynn Private Hospital, Southport Private Hospital and Pindara Private Hospital
Reporting directly to the Queensland State Manager you will be responsible for:
- Develop and execute an annual growth plan, in consultation with the CEOs, which prescribes the areas for strategic focus, including recruitment and retention of key medical specialists
- Assist the Executive teams to identify and market new services that will be profitable and important future areas for the hospital and its patients
- Assist Executive with the development and execution of recruitment strategy for major hospital developments
- Consult with Corporate Marketing in the development of targeted marketing collateral, communication and ensure website content is current.
- Act as a liaison for new doctors, assisting them with their private practice set up, and marketing requirements.
- Work in collaboration with the hospital GP Liaison Officer to support new and existing specialists in terms of promotion to referrers.
- Acts as a duly authorised Hospital representative, seeking feedback from medical professionals and contributing feedback into strategic planning sessions and management discussions
- Keep accurate and detailed records on activity
- Provide monthly report on Key Performance Indicators - including key activities, recruitment and retention, service growth, and admissions.
The successful applicant must demonstrate:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a business development or similar role in the health care industry
- Understanding of medical specialists, and the relationship with referrers including GPs, other specialists and health care professionals
- A demonstrated ability to build relationships
- Self-starter with excellent time management and organisation skills and is outcome driven
- Ability to research and identify business opportunities in our local market
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail and follow up
- Ability to keep good records and information on clients and the business
- Experience using a client relationship management system or similar to manage relationships and report on activities and measure outcomes
- Open driver’s license and own vehicle
- Flexibility to work outside of business hours as required
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in Microsoft programs ie, Word, Excel and Outlook
It is desirable that the successful applicant has:
- Experience working in the private health care sector
- Existing relationships with medical specialists / health care professionals
- Tertiary Qualifications in Business, Marketing or Health
- Event management experience
Whilst the position is fulltime, some flexibility around hours and remuneration will be considered in relation to the successful applicant’s experience and skills. The successful application will be required to have their open drivers’ license and use their own vehicle for practice visits.
Ramsay Health Care was established in 1964 and has grown to become a global hospital group operating over 480 hospitals and day surgery facilities across 11 countries across Australia, the UK, Asia and Europe. Ramsay is Australia’s largest private hospital operator and is well-respected in the Australian health care industry due to its excellent record in hospital management, patient care and running high-quality facilities, and how it operates its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
To learn more about our Values have a look at http://www.ramsayhealth.com/About%20Us/Values
If you feel you have the necessary expertise and attributes required for this position, we invite you to submit your application online. Your application should include your CV and 2 current work-related referees.
For any enquiries, please contact Taren King Koi, Doctor Engagement & Marketing by email: email@example.com
Applications Close: Friday 30 July 2021
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend