- Permanent part time
- Access to employee discounts and benefits
- Work for a well-respected global health care industry
An exciting opportunity exists for a professional and proactive Enrolled Nurse to join and support our Neonatal Unit at Joondalup Health Campus.
This is a permanent part time position to work 70 hours per fortnight.
About the Role
Working across the scope of our 16 bedded Neonatal Unit, a Level 2b Special Care Nursery that provides care for babies with illness and premature babies born up to eight weeks early, you will work alongside highly experienced neonatal intensive care trained staff, lactation consultants and midwifes.
As an Enrolled Nurse, you will be responsible for delivering high quality patient care to a diverse range of patients and families within our Neonatal Unit. This will involve, but is not limited to;
- Assessing, planning, coordinating and evaluating care delivery needs of patients;
- Checking, preparing and administering medications in accordance with registration requirements, relevant legislation and organisational policies and procedures; and
- Treating all customers and staff with respect and equality whilst meeting all aspects of their care in a timely and professional manner.
The flexibility to work across a seven-day rotating roster is essential for this role.
To be successful in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset with experience working within a neonatal or paediatric setting. Your demonstrated effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and your ability to commit to and promote the Ramsay Way core values is essential for this role.
The successful candidate will also meet the following criteria:
- Current registration with AHPRA as an Enrolled Nurse
- Extensive clinical and professional knowledge in Neonates and / or Paediatrics
- Successful completion of EN medication administration education
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality patient care
- Knowledge of current legislation and policies relating to nursing practice in the workplace
- Ability to use initiative, self-motivation and work as a team member with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated relevant clinical skills and knowledge in area of speciality
Candidates with postgraduate qualifications in the area of speciality will be highly regarded.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected operator of private hospitals, Joondalup Health Campus is the largest health care facility in Perth’s northern suburbs, providing 24-hour acute care from an integrated public and private campus. The hospital has an Emergency Department, After Hours GP Clinic and on-site MRI. Specialties include Medical Specialties which include General Medicine, Respiratory, Gerontology, Cardiac Services and Stroke Services Unit. Surgical Specialities including but not limited to General Surgery, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, Urology, Vascular, ENT, Paediatrics, Gynaecology. We have acute Psychiatry, Intensive and Coronary Care Units, Day Procedure Unit, Renal and Oncology, Restorative Units, Day Therapy and Obstetrics. Joondalup Health Campus has established an excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement.
On offer is a full time equivalent base annual salary ranging from $60,895.00 to $65,409.00 + superannuation and is based on experience level.
Please note that the above range is full time equivalent, is exclusive of loadings and penalties and will vary depending on the hours you are contracted to.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and Working with Children Check prior to appointment. Persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries only:
Janet Walker, Clinical Nurse Manager
Ph: 08 9400 9299