Job no: 521331
Work type: Part time
Location: Cairns Private Hospital
Categories: Administration/Support Services
- Permanent Part-time (16 hours per fortnight)
- Grow your career across Ramsay’s national network
About the Role
As a Ward Clerk, you are responsible for providing support and assistance to patients and their families within our Orthopaedic Unit. You will also assist the reception, administration and clinical teams by coordinating the necessary clerical requirements for patients’ admission to discharge. As these patients often require a high level of care and support, an experienced hospital administrator is an ideal fit for this role.
Key responsibilities of this job include:
- Admission and discharge processes to ensure appropriate bed management and utilisation
- Managing incoming and outgoing calls to the ward
- Provide timely and accurate information to queries by patients, visitors and other staff and departments
- Work alongside medical staff, colleagues, patients and visitors to ensure a smooth hospital experience for patients
- Compilation and management of patient admission papers and clinical notes
- Excellent communication skills with a strong customer service focus
- High level time management and organisational skills
- Medical terminology highly regarded
- A professional and personable disposition
- Ability to work within a team environment and multi task
- Strong organisational skills and a keen eye for detail
- Willingness to learn and the ability to grasp concepts with ease
It would also be an advantage to have:
- Meditech knowledge
- Previous experience in a hospital/medical environment
On the job training will be provided for the right candidate.
About the Organisation
Cairns Private Hospital in tropical Cairns in far north Queensland, Australia, is a modern, well-equipped facility which offers a comprehensive range of medical and allied services. Situated only 150 metres back from the Cairns Esplanade, the Hospital is easy walking distance from the heart of the tourist mecca of Cairns. Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Cairns Private Hospital is committed to the provision of first class medical care for the people of the region and the thousands of tourists who visit the area.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of Immunity to specific infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Jason Mook on MookJ@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 22nd September 2021 at 11.55pm
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend