- Multiple Temporary part time opportunities (various hours)
- Manage rapidly changing situations across our acute surgical ward
- Join our well-respected and recognised “Ramsay Way” culture
Working across Joondalup’s busy Private Surgical ward, you will work with an experienced multidisciplinary team composed of doctors, nurses and allied health staff. Our high turnover ward is dedicated to providing high-quality patient care to a range of acute surgical patients including in the areas of urology, vascular, abdominal, ENT, plastics and more
Duties and responsibilities will involve, but are not limited to;
- Assessing, planning, coordinating and evaluating the care delivery needs of pre- and post-operative patients;
- Contribute and participate to team functioning and decision making;
- Manage rapidly changing situations that affect patient care and workload; and
- Ensuring all care is delivered in line with the core values and strategic direction of Hollywood Private Hospital and Ramsay Health Care.
Flexibility to work across a seven-day rotating roster, which will include day and night shifts, weekends and public holidays, is critical for this role.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting with experience working in an acute surgical setting. Your passion for providing quality care, ability to work within a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team environment and your client-first attitude is essential for this role.
The successful candidate will also meet the following:
- Registered with AHPRA as Registered Nurse
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in an acute surgical department
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service
- Positive “can-do” attitude and ability to communicate effectively
- Willingness to accept and promote Ramsay’s core values
- Effective organisation skills and ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Candidates with any post-graduate qualifications will be highly regarded, and previous surgical experience is a MUST.
Why Joondalup Health Campus?
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected operator of private hospitals, Joondalup Health Campus is the largest health care facility in Perth’s northern suburbs, providing 24-hour acute care from an integrated public and private campus. The hospital has an Emergency Department, After Hours GP Clinic and on-site MRI. Specialties include Medical Specialties which include General Medicine, Respiratory, Gerontology, Cardiac Services and Stroke Services Unit. Surgical Specialities including but not limited to General Surgery, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, Urology, Vascular, ENT, Paediatrics, Gynaecology. We have acute Psychiatry, Intensive and Coronary Care Units, Day Procedure Unit, Renal and Oncology, Restorative Units, Day Therapy and Obstetrics. Joondalup Health Campus has established an excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement.
Ramsay Health Care employees at Joondalup Health Campus are offered some great benefits including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
Based on level of experience, on offer is an hourly rate ranging from $35.33 to $46.50 per hour + superannuation.
Please note the range above is exclusive of any applicable penalties or loadings.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include a CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (6 months or less) National Police Check and Working with Children Check prior to appointment. Persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries, please contact:
Sharon Handsley, Clinical Nurse Manager
Close Date: Wednesday 27th October 2021 at 11.55 pm.