Clinical Nurse Orthopaedics
Job no: 522226
Work type: Full time temp
Location: John Flynn Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
- Temporary 12 months part time leadership opportunity 60 hours per fortnight
- Committed to providing career opportunities & development programs for staff
- Work for a well-respected leading provider of specialist healthcare
About the Role
This is your opportunity to step up into this key leadership position joining our Orthopaedic Unit at John Flynn Private Hospital.
As the Clinical Nurse in the Orthopaedic Unit you will be responsible for providing expert clinical nursing care to patients. You will work collaboratively with a team of support clinicians to get the best patient outcome.
This role will involve, but is not limited to:
- Acting as a professional resource and demonstrating broad knowledge in all facets of caring for patients to ensure the highest levels of nursing care.
- Supervising and supporting staff within the unit
- Participate in Quality improvement Programs in line with organisational and departmental strategic plans.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting with experience in an Orthopaedic Unit. You will have exceptional communication skills and a passion for delivering excellent client care and customer service.
You will also bring;
- Relevant qualifications and Registration with AHPRA
- Minimum four years’ post graduate experience
- Three years’ experience in orthopaedics is preferred
- Previous experience as a clinical nurse position highly desirable
- Ability to manage designated portfolio and display strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrates excellent time management, clinical problem solving and organisational skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a health-care team, and positively influence the performance of other staff
- Orthopaedic nursing post-grad certificate or similar relevant post graduate qualification is desirable
On offer is a base hourly rate ranging from; $48.38 - $55.01 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (QLD Clinical Nurse/Midwife Level 2 gr1-gr4) [FTE $95,598.88 - $102,775.32]
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital provider, John Flynn Private Hospital is located at Tugun, on the Southern end of the Gold Coast.
John Flynn Private Hospital enjoys a well-established and excellent reputation in the community for its commitment to patient care, best practice and quality improvement. The 361-bed acute care hospital has recently undergone major renovations and provides a state-of-the-art 24-hour Emergency Department, Comprehensive Cardiac Services, General & Orthopaedic Surgery, Oncology, Medical Services, Maternity, Renal Dialysis, Day Surgery, Rehabilitation Services and 24 hour pharmacy. Benefits of working for Ramsay include:
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check and proof of immunity to infectious diseases.
For questions regarding this position please contact Gillian Littlefair on email LittleFairG@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 20th of October 11.55pm
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend